Pre-Game Talk: Karlsson's last home game? April fools?? vs Winnipeg, Mon. 7:30 pm on TSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
April fools joke????

Winnipeg+Jets+v+Ottawa+Senators+lr6lgYxp8fll.jpg

**THIS IS THE LAST HOME GAME OF THE SEASON**

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Lot of talk in the local Media (newspapers and radio) speculating that this is EK65s last home game as a Senator.

There is something called as self-fulfilling prophecy people, and if it's our perception, and the media's perception that this is his last home game as a Senator, then maybe he buys in to it as well.

Media and fans, running EK65 out of town, with their collective pessimism, who woulda thunk.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Sami Niku making his NHL debut against us tonight.

7th round pick in 2015, he's posted 52 points as a 21-y.o AHL rookie. He is also a DMan, which makes his gaudy totals even more impressive.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lot of talk in the local Media (newspapers and radio) speculating that this is EK65s last home game as a Senator.

There is something called as self-fulfilling prophecy people, and if it's our perception, and the media's perception that this is his last home game as a Senator, then maybe he buys in to it as well.

Media and fans, running EK65 out of town, with their collective pessimism, who woulda thunk.

The Karlssons aren't going to decide to leave simply because fans on a message board and the media talk about the idea of Erik leaving/being traded over the last few days. You don't become a professional athlete if you're that susceptible to outside chatter.

It's kinda funny, though. You're trying to set up the fans as the villains if Erik is traded, instead of Scrooge McDuck.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

IMO the vast majority of media and fans support him and want him to say its only a few in both groups who support the owner so strongly and blindly that want him gone...i would hardly say that small faction is running ek out of town....just exposing their ignorence to the rest of the fanbase.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Think another user (Lewler?) confirmed Karlsson is staying.
Won't be attending this one, Jets are dreadful and play too physical a brand of hockey imo.
It's all good, we've got a top two to three pick.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Won't be attending this one, Jets are dreadful and play too physical a brand of hockey imo.

Lewler was making fun the poster who claims to know some of the players and that poster has been saying Karlsson is almost assuredly staying, in no small part due to his wife being from here.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Nothing personal against any particular board "insider" since I appreciate anybody sharing scoops, but I'd take everything with a grain of salt at this point because we always have multiple guys who claim inside info but contradict each other. There's at least one other post I can recall from a long time poster claiming inside sources saying Karlsson is out of here. Then with the Turris situation, there were multiple posters claiming to be insiders contradicting each other about the circumstances surround Turris' eventual departure, and Turris wanting to stay or go.

Despite thinking that our best move is to trade Karlsson, it's hard not to get excited about the prospect of him staying. I guess, it's a wait and see thing. If anybody values seeing Karlsson's last home game, I'd certainly take the risk of going tonight just in case....

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Congratulations in advance to Sami Niku on scoring his first NHL goal tonight.

Niku not playing tonight, going to debut versus Montreal tomorrow. Buff is also out tonight, Tucker Poolman going back in.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Stastny-Ehlers
Perreault-Little-Armia
Tanev-Lowry-Copp

Morrissey-Trouba
Morrow-Myers
Chiarot-Poolman

Hellebuyck

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This sucks.

The brand is Melnycks and that's why the Ottawa Senators brand is so weak. The only thing Melmyck is selling right now is "no NHL hockey is better then horrdly managed NHL hockey" and he wonders why we are sick of him.

Love you EK - I'll always cheer for you. All world talent with all world effort and gives everything he can.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I never thought Karlsson was going to get traded and all of this media circus is to keep the Sens in the media. Can you ever think of a time when the Sens were spoken about more than this season? Except for maybe the year where they went to the Finals this season has been a success for exposure even though the majority of the news was bad, it kept people talking. Most of the talk was about Melnyk's comments, Lebreton, and Karlsson being traded, not how terrible the team has been. Look at Montreal, they openly talk about how really bad the team is and we have a worse record.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

This is you knowing that management had totally pooched the EK file to the point where he’s leaving - but you can’t admit to yourself that Melnyck has ever made a mistake - so you’re taking that anger and lashing out at the fans for something that breaks your heart.

It’s misdirected, but we all know you’re in the same boat as us and want EK to stay so I feel for you man

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
WHAT? How can you say that when they are in the playoffs & Ottawa is out. The Jets are not dreadful they are a great team ... & play too physical a brand ... LOL. What's wrong with playing physical hockey? It works for them, they are a big, tough team. I wish Ottawa was more like them. Hope they win the cup this yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad