News Article: Karlsson trade is the gift that keeps on giving for rebuilding Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Fair enough. Just think it was unrealistic to think that with all things considered

What do you mean 'with all things considered'? You have an aging core that got off to a terrible start, statistically teams that are out of the playoffs around this time of year stay out of the playoffs more often than not. It's not all that wild of an assumption.

Reactions: coladin

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
They've won 9 of 10 after losing 7 of 8. I don't know what to think about them just yet. I will say that their schedule is about to get a lot tougher.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
What do you mean 'with all things considered'? You have an aging core that got off to a terrible start, statistically teams that are out of the playoffs around this time of year stay out of the playoffs more often than not. It's not all that wild of an assumption.

They've missed the playoffs twice in 21 years and have won 6 playoff rounds in the last 4 seasons. "All things considered" might mean, this is a dang model franchise with one of the best GM's in the league, they aren't going to fall off a cliff. I mean, I understand your points too, not trying to discredit them, but there's more context to this than just "team is out of a playoff spot by American Thanksgiving".

Reactions: DrEasy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
lol, Sharks are squeaking out ugly OT wins against some of the weakest teams in the league in a huge home stand.

I said they'd finish just outside of a playoff spot, and I stand by my prediction.

They still have to beat out Vegas, Nashville, Calgary (especially if they fire Peters), etc. if I were a Sharks fan, I wouldn't come in here bragging about anything.

Reactions: GCK

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Dorion used up all his luck getting 4th overall last year for a little less egg on his face, can't imagine he'd get lucky two years in a row with SJ falling apart after so long the year we happen to have their pick.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yes and I still do.
Same. The clip that they have to play at just to make the playoffs is going to be tough. Toronto has to play at a .680 clip just to make the playoffs based on last year’s points, as does SJ.

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
Same. The clip that they have to play at just to make the playoffs is going to be tough. Toronto has to play at a .680 clip just to make the playoffs based on last year’s points, as does SJ.
The Sharks are on pace for 89 points.

The Avs made the playoffs with 90 points last season.

Your post is as accurate as your prediction.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I guess you can look at it like that, or you could look at the teams they need to leapfrog right now. One of Vancouver or Nashville, who are respectively on pace for 92 pts and 89 pts. Doesn't really seem as unattainable when you look at it like that.

Toronto has to outpace teams pacing at 100+ pts and has more teams in the mix to deal with.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Watching Heiskanen I completely understand why Dallas wouldn’t move him. He is so good already. Other than maybe Makar I wouldn’t take any Dman for him in a 1 for 1.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
They've missed the playoffs twice in 21 years and have won 6 playoff rounds in the last 4 seasons. "All things considered" might mean, this is a dang model franchise with one of the best GM's in the league, they aren't going to fall off a cliff. I mean, I understand your points too, not trying to discredit them, but there's more context to this than just "team is out of a playoff spot by American Thanksgiving".

You're not wrong, but Detroit was a model franchise with one of the best GMs in the league too. Dynasties (or whatever the Sharks are/were) don't last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad