Proposal: Karlsson to SJ

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
It's a solid move but if the Sharks do this they have to give Braun,Melker Karlsson,Norris and the 21st overall pick..

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I have a hard time believing Melnyk will allow Dorion to trade Karlsson to San Jose at this point since he orchestrated Hoffman's deal with the intention of keeping him out of the division and then the Sharks dealt him in the division.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Lmao this offer is so so bad for Ottawa. San Jose is literally like the worst team for Ottawa to trade EK to. They have nothing interesting when it comes to futures.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Lmao this offer is so so bad for Ottawa. San Jose is literally like the worst team for Ottawa to trade EK to. They have nothing interesting when it comes to futures.

San Jose is probably one of the few teams that would be willing to take Bobby Ryan with Erik Karlsson.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
vegas has much better pieces with ryan. this is a garbage offer for an extended karlsson even with ryan

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Yes I'm sure Dorion wants four half decent assets for the best defenseman in the league.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
I'm guessing you would at least have to switch Labanc out for Timo Meier to get the Senators to listen. Something like 21st overall, Meier, Tierney, Norris, Braun and Martin (cap dump) for Karlsson, Ryan and some non-prospect to balance the contracts out. The reality is the Sharks simply don't have tradable young assets on the level of Shea Theodore or Cody Glass who would be the centerpiece of a deal with Vegas.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
:sharks
Braun + Labanc + Norris + 21

:sens
Karlsson(extended) + Ryan
Take the word extended out of this, assuming you treat the Ryan albatross contract as significantly negative and OP is not far off in value. Braun LaBanc and two firsts is not bad for one year of Karlsson.

The above assumes Tavares is off the table, which we won't until after the draft. But if we had a flip for Ryan arranged it would be another steal of a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad