Friedman: Karlsson reportedly turned down sens offer of 8×10

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Isn't he basing this on the report that Dorion said they offered Karlsson "a deal" and when asked how Karlsson responded he said "we aren't discussing that?"

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
IF it we're about money, this means he's trying to control his destination, because he wouldn't get much more than 80m as a UFA (7yrs).

That said, I think it's more about going to a good team that isn't Ottawa. They could have offered the McDavid contract, and I think he'd have e turned it down regardless.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I have to believe Karlsson and his agent look at Tavares and Doughty deals and believe that is the starting point

Giving him 10M is almost an insult

I don't think its about the money, I think he wants no part of whatever the Sens have become. He may extend/sign for the same or less money somewhere else. Ottawa could have offered 8 years max dollars allowed and he turns it down

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I have to believe Karlsson and his agent look at Tavares and Doughty deals and believe that is the starting point

Giving him 10M is almost an insult
Well if he wants to stay in Ottawa that’s the kind of contract he should sign for. And I believe that’s what he’s worth. Doughty, to me is a better defenceman, got 11 so he should be less then doughty. Not to mention he has half an ankle. GM’s should be very careful when Karlsson ages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->