Confirmed with Link: Karlsson mega thread vol 6: five stages of grief edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Bryan Murray made some bad decisions in his career as Sens GM, but it's honestly surprising that he accomplished anything considering the state of the team since he passed and how apparent Melnyk's meddling and toxic influence is now that there's no one with the cajones to keep him in check.
Its true. Under BM it felt like we were just a budget team with a crazy owner that flew up and gave a couple interviews a year.

Now he's putting his face out there as if he thinks its what fans want, telling us what we should want and believe and worst of all he's directly involved in hockey personnel decisions that he proves he should have absolutely no hand in every time he opens his mouth.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yup the burns ‘n karl show is going to be pretty entertaining. On and off ice

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Sorry again, but someone had to point out that trading Ryan O'Rielly, with 5 years left on his contract .... is no where near a fair comparison with trading EK65 with 1 year left on his contract ...... was an absurd comparison.

If you continue to make these types of comparisons, without thinking them though, then you're going to have to expect someone to ask for clarification, or point out the shortcomings in your logic.

But, please ......... explain why EK65 with one year should have brought back more that O'Rielly with 5 years ....... we're waiting.
Who's we?

Reactions: Alex1234

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
What jersey do you guys see Hossa in? I see him in a Hawks jersey now. It'll be sad if when remembering Karlsson, it's in a different jersey.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
What jersey do you guys see Hossa in? I see him in a Hawks jersey now. It'll be sad if when remembering Karlsson, it's in a different jersey.

Karl may have another 12 years left in his career, but I think a lot of people will remember him in a Sens uniform. They'll definitely remember the way he left Ottawa which will always leave the Sens logo at the front of everyone's mind.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Karl may have another 12 years left in his career, but I think a lot of people will remember him in a Sens uniform. They'll definitely remember the way he left Ottawa which will always leave the Sens logo at the front of everyone's mind.

I really hope so. Chara was around the same age as Karlsson when he left Ottawa but he won a cup with Boston and played 11+ seasons there so most people will always associate him with a Bruins jersey.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Remember when the Oilers traded Wayne? They traded him when the team was doing great. They even won another cup without him. To this day, Oilers fans despise Pocklington to this day. All this did was cement Melnyks place in history. At the bottom of the garbage pile.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
People have been saying the Sharks window will be over for years now... Doug Wilson just trades for new stars and the Sharks scouts pluck talent from Europe for new depth
It never works for Wilson he has the worst luck come playoff time. Either the ducks knock him out or kings . Now knights up his nose. My guess its the kings this year coming back from 3 games to 1.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Remember when the Oilers traded Wayne? They traded him when the team was doing great. They even won another cup without him. To this day, Oilers fans despise Pocklington to this day. All this did was cement Melnyks place in history. At the bottom of the garbage pile.
Yup, after this, regardless of what happens, Melnyk needs to accept that the majority of the fan base just won't like him even if it's not outright hatred from everyone. No need for more interviews trying to humanize himself and appeal to the fans, that ship has sailed and if he wants to keep owning this team, the best thing he can do is fade in to the background.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Well at least we know what he was doing on that Toronto bound flight last week

I expect a full-court press from the Sharks to get him re-signed, and their batting average is pretty good. Plus, as someone who travels to Palo Alto a lot for work, if you're a multi-millionaire, there aren't many better places to live.

But maybe Alfie's whispering in his ear about that upcoming ownership change!! Hold out for the 1% chance!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Silencio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad