News Article: Karlsson and Dorion/Melnyk didn't talk after November

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
And of course EK will be 100% factual!
Only you can decide who you want to believe, but I don't believe a word out of Dorion's mouth anymore and I was one that spent a whole lot of time defending him years prior. I'm done listening to that lying mofo.

Yes the possibility exists Karlsson could ALSO be full of shit, but I'll give benefit of the doubt to the one without the track record of lying.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would say its 85% EK and 15% PD meaning I will believe most of what EK says but not all.
I don't think EK is going to lie. He will give his impression which may or may not be right on the mark but I would believe its his honest impression. And he will skate around questions he doesn't want to answer.

Reactions: JD1

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Without all the noise it seems pretty simple.

Karlsson wanted a market value contract with the same NMC and a bonus structure similar to other star players.

Melnyk was never going to do that. Dorion was obviously privy to that info as well.

Instead of owning it, they lied and took their fans for idiots.

Here we are. Over analyzing the truth right in front of us.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Karlsson wanted a market value contract with the same NMC and a bonus structure similar to other star players.

Melnyk was never going to do that. Dorion was obviously privy to that info as well.

which they seem to do over and over and over ...so much that it is a modus operandi.. we cannot believe anything regarding players coming out of their mouths

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
which they seem to do over and over and over ...so much that it is a modus operandi.. we cannot believe anything regarding players coming out of their mouths
It sure seems that way to me. Their smug we did nothing wrong attitude grinds me more than anything.

They still would have been roasted for it, but they likely would have gotten a lot more grace from the fans and media if they had just come out and said something like, "we can't afford a contract like this, it's just not feasible in Ottawa." Instead they conjured up a rebuild and pretended to try to sign him to try to cover it all up.

Last edited:

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I love Erik but it’s time to move on. Don’t get why he is continuing to play the victim in this.
Yes I've heard he's the one who approached SN and asked them to interview him. I also heard he's the one who wrote the interview questions.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Here we are. Over analyzing the truth right in front of us.

tumblr_p31cy74Z4m1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Yes I've heard he's the one who approached SN and asked them to interview him. I also heard he's the one who wrote the interview questions.

I heard that it's actually Karlsson wearing a Mission Impossible type disguise and interviewing himself!

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I think there is enough floating around that supports Karlsson as not being completely truthful as well.

It’s true! I think the guy is pretentious and a master liar. He’s completely fake. In fact, he’s so fake, he’s not even a good hockey player. It was all fake good hockey all these years. He even faked the sauce pass.

What a bum!

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
This thread is deliciou. The silence from the shills is deafening. Looks like they chose to die on the wrong hill.

Reactions: Chezzz

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

So all the quotes from players saying there was drama.. they are all hanging Karlsson out to dry? Karlsson says no one knew. I'm going to call that a lie.

People are naive around here. I don't believe for a second he is being completely truthful. I also don't believe for a second that Dorion and Melnyk are being truthful.

Look, tough to watch and all, but I don't completely believe everything he is saying.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
This thread is deliciou. The silence from the shills is deafening. Looks like they chose to die on the wrong hill.
I dont get it.

I can understand defending them having to operate this team on a budget and wanting to debate the nitty gritty of the financials.

I don't get defending almost anything else they've done in the last 12-18 months.

Reactions: DrEasy

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It’s true! I think the guy is pretentious and a master liar. He’s completely fake. In fact, he’s so fake, he’s not even a good hockey player. It was all fake good hockey all these years. He even faked the sauce pass.

What a bum!

You can take it to the extreme side, as always .

Not being completely truthful is exactly what it is. Where did I say he is completely fake and a master liar?

Typical around here of people overreacting and being extremists.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
What? The team didn't offer a NMC?

I am shocked.

Their offer didn't have a full NMC in it.

I have probably said it before when people were parroting the "he was offered 88M by OTT" line, but AAV isn't the only aspect of a contract that is important. If he signed a contract without a full NMC, all he'd be doing would be upping his trade value and losing out on his freedom to choose his destination himself.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
You can take it to the extreme side, as always .

Not being completely truthful is exactly what it is. Where did I say he is completely fake and a master liar?

Typical around here of people overreacting and being extremists.
Where did I say that you said that? ...I agree with people around here exagerating and being extremists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->