Karl Alzner

SpecialK

Nov 19, 2006
Canada
Just wondering where everyone thinks he may go in this years draft. Strong stay at home D man, but he's putting up some half decent points this year. He's a definate long shot to make the world junior squad, unfourtunatly.

Also, how did he play in tonights Canada Russia game? I missed it.
I know he doesnt get alot of PP time or anything so he might have been hard to pick out.

Just any thoughts on his game would be nice.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He was excellent again tonight ... I think he finished with a couple assists and played his usual strong defensive game.

Most people seem to have him in the top-10, and it's hard to disagree. Reminds me somewhat of Wade Redden. Isn't going to smash you through the boards or dangle with the puck end-to-end, but is above-average across the board. NHL size, excellent smooth skater who can handle speedy forwards with ease, effortless outlet passer. Has very good hockey sense and reads the play very well in his own zone - always seems calm and in control.

Very safe pick who has top-4 defender written all over him, and top-2 upside.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
He was excellent again tonight ... I think he finished with a couple assists and played his usual strong defensive game.

Most people seem to have him in the top-10, and it's hard to disagree. Reminds me somewhat of Wade Redden. Isn't going to smash you through the boards or dangle with the puck end-to-end, but is above-average across the board. NHL size, excellent smooth skater who can handle speedy forwards with ease, effortless outlet passer. Has very good hockey sense and reads the play very well in his own zone - always seems calm and in control.

Very safe pick who has top-4 defender written all over him, and top-2 upside.

completely agree with you, although after his showing last night I might be mre inclined to describe him as a two-way d-men. past that i agree with your assessment almost to a 'T'. I see him toping out as a very reliable #3 defender. He'll probably go late top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->