Player Discussion Karl Alzner: He Left and They Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Alzner is financially set for life and I am sure he is grateful. He can no longer play in the NHL, the game simply became too fast. Transition is the name of the game and Alzner has never been a good puck mover.
Horrible scouting by the pro scout who recommended this signing.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Alzner is financially set for life and I am sure he is grateful. He can no longer play in the NHL, the game simply became too fast. Transition is the name of the game and Alzner has never been a good puck mover.

The pro scout is garbage but that does not absolve MB.

I swear a majority of rank amateurs here on HF said he was too slow and the signing was garbage. MB can't plead ignorance.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The NHL has gotten much faster since the Alzner signing, the former #5 OV- 2007 draft pick has always had the drive to succeed, that ranking isn't given for lack of drive/passion for the game. Karl will leave it all on the ice in his bid to earn a spot on our defence, I firmly believe with his experience & the shape he comes to camp in will make everyone vying for a defence position (or any position stand up and take notice, bring your very best or fail just my opinion.) up their game or regret they underestimated some players resolve to succeed. Great veterans earn that experience, prospects learn from watching their desire to be the best they can be!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:I am one of the posters here that was very happy when Alzner was signed, Go Karl Go all the best whichever way it goes.(Warrior):arr::arr::arr:

Last edited:

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
I think I heard on the radio that he has lost sone weight (as Hudon) to get faster. It would be funny if he became serviceable again.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I think I heard on the radio that he has lost sone weight (as Hudon) to get faster. It would be funny if he became serviceable again.

he lost 8 pounds according to the media in order to be faster, will see if he's better pretty soon...

Jul 6, 2016
Julien has to use Alzner as much as possible during the camp to show him to other NHL teams

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
This guy is ONLY 31 today?????? Is this a joke???? He looks like an old timer from the 9 o'clock beer league on Sunday nights.

He's an honorary 41. Some nights he looks 61. Happy Birthday Karl.

I really hate pronouncing the word "Karl" (or thinking it), I'm still scarred by how annoying/irritating Karl was in TWD seasons 1-2. It was good tv back then.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Julien has to use Alzner as much as possible during the camp to show him to other NHL teams

why? you think teams don't know he sucks and is too slow for the NHL, that they will overlook the fact that he's owed 11.125M over 3 years? Even if we retained 50%, I don't think we would have any takers. I'd rather have him help the young D in Laval then give up assets just to be rid of his contract.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
This guy is ONLY 31 today?????? Is this a joke???? He looks like an old timer from the 9 o'clock beer league on Sunday nights.

He's an honorary 41. Some nights he looks 61. Happy Birthday Karl.

I really hate pronouncing the word "Karl" (or thinking it), I'm still scarred by how annoying/irritating Karl was in TWD seasons 1-2. It was good tv back then.
He's got great hair though.

Jul 6, 2016
why? you think teams don't know he sucks and is too slow for the NHL, that they will overlook the fact that he's owed 11.125M over 3 years? Even if we retained 50%, I don't think we would have any takers. I'd rather have him help the young D in Laval then give up assets just to be rid of his contract.

Do you think a vet NHL player really wants to play at AHL level and be surrounded by kids 10 years younger than him everyday ? The guy has already millions $ in his bank account.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Almost seems like MB took him to spite Markov. I have no idea why we signed this guy.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The NHL has gotten much faster since the Alzner signing, the former #5 OV- 2007 draft pick has always had the drive to succeed, that ranking isn't given for lack of drive/passion for the game. Karl will leave it all on the ice in his bid to earn a spot on our defence, I firmly believe with his experience & the shape he comes to camp in will make everyone vying for a defence position (or any position stand up and take notice, bring your very best or fail just my opinion.) up their game or regret they underestimated some players resolve to succeed. Great veterans earn that experience, prospects learn from watching their desire to be the best they can be!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:I am one of the posters here that was very happy when Alzner was signed, Go Karl Go all the best whichever way it goes.(Warrior):arr::arr::arr:

BS, stop celebrating every failure this team launches forward with. It was a stupid signing, just like so many Bergetard has delivered. Alzner sucks, he's really never been good, he was the Komisarek of the Caps.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
An NHL GM signed a bad contract. Huge if true.

Lets please bring this up on every thread cause no way this has happened before.

Other then Gagner, Turris, Backes, Neil, Ryan, Erricson, Okposo, Ladd, Seabrook, Kesler, Johnson, Lucic, Parise, Zaitsev, etc etc etc.

Signing Alzner was a massive fail. Bergevin should have known he was on a downward. His pro scouts failed him or he failed them. But it takes a massive blind spot to miss that literally every team has a bum deal like this.

All of them.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Markov refused MB's offer. he wanted a 2 year contract. MB was offering him a one year contract. End of story.
I don't know how you're able to consistently defend incompetence the way you do. And I don't know why you do it either.

What is it that motivates you to come here and defend the stupid crap that he does?

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad