GDT: Kariya Jersey Retirement • 3:15 PM PT — BUF @ ANA • 5 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
As a Kings fan, there hasn't been a player on the ducks that I've ever admired as much as Kariya. He was something else. Niedermayer a close second.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Sentimental value off the charts. Can’t replicate it. I’m glad I was here for it.

His speech was great, too. I had forgotten how self-deprecating he can be

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Laughs, chills, flashbacks... It's incredible but if not for Paul and Teemu I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't cheer for the Ducks, maybe I wouldn't even be this interested in hockey... Loved the ceremony, really. :clap:

Reactions: kducks

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Also I was just looking at franchise leaders and Ricky is 8th in goals all time??? Jesus Christ.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Rucchin is a great speaker. Wasn't he possibly going to med school if he didn't make it in the NHL?

Kariya is and will always be my favorite hockey player of all time. I remember reading the OC Register article on his drafting...I hadn't been a hockey fan at that point, but that article got me interested. Started watching it then, and then a bit later started playing street hockey with my friends. That transitioned to roller hockey (indoor), and the more recent transition (5 years ago) to ice.

His skating was what got me. I've never seen explosion in a step like his. Could always tell on TV when it was him just by his stride. A bit of him being half Japanese was a call (I'm full), but as one of the most dynamic players I've ever watched, it's his pure hockey talent that makes him my #1 player.

I was heartbroken when he left, but I was never mad like a lot of others were. Just wish he'd stayed. Glad his number is doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->