GDT: Kariya Jersey Retirement • 3:15 PM PT — BUF @ ANA • 5 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
cut.jpg

Paul Kariya will have his #9 join his brother-from-another-mother Teemu Selänne's #8 in the rafters at the Arrowhe... Honda Center.

NHL Statistics

43984299_172357957028408_6917637573930156599_n.jpg

Accolades

43709201_331460360745560_784511037126204564_n.jpg

Pictures shamelessly stolen from Anaheim's official site and Instagram.

Last edited:

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
:ducks

Street — Getzlaf — Aberg
Comtois — Henrique — Rakell
Cogliano — Kesler — Gibbons
Lundeström — Steel — Sherwood

Lindholm — Montour
Fowler — Manson
Pettersson — Sustr

Miller

--- FIGHTING! ---

:sabres

Skinner — Eichel — Pominville
Rodrigues — Mittelstadt — Okposo
Sheary — Sobotka — Reinhart
Girgensons — Larsson — Berglund

McCabe — Ristolainen
Dahlin — Bogosian
Scandella — Nelson

Ullmark​

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducks DVM

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
And with that I'll take a break from GDTs for a while. Please win tonight!

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
So is Kariya's number going up in the old colors, as shown in the ad in the OP?

One has to think the Samueli's are seriously considering going back to the old colors and logo full time in a not too distant future.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Nice that Kariya will get honored.

Sad that we will get badly outshot by the freaking Sabres tho

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
My favourite player growing up, and the reason I became a Ducks fan, I'm excited for tonight.

Same here. That was one of the accolades in my original piece that I had written for this GDT. :laugh:

One has to think the Samueli's are seriously considering going back to the old colors and logo full time in a not too distant future.

No idea. Gotta figure it would boost merch sales.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Looking forward tot he ceremony: when Teemu was traded, Paul became my favourite... until his "betrayal". But I moved on and it's time he get recognized as one of the faces of this franchise.

As for the game, we MUST win! 3-1 Ducks.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I figured my answer would be best answered here. So because I live in Boston, I’m three hours ahead of Cali time. I’ve been seeing ads where it says to be in your seats by 3:30 PT (6:30 eastern). So does that mean the retirement event will happen right before the game? I would’ve thought it would’ve been at 4 (7) or something.

I have a floor hockey game at 6pm (eastern) and would love to see the whole entire thing. If I have to skip my game I’ll skip it for this!

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Been looking forward to this day for a long time, playing the Sabres is a great moment for the franchise.

Damn, I might get a little emotional, #'s 8 and 9 side by side in the rafters is going to be a beautiful thing.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'll watch the ceremony but will likely pass on watching the rest.

When Ducks-Vegas games are normally my favorite games of the year and last night ends in my blood pressure through the roof, I think I need to step away from this team for a bit.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

They've spent a lot of money rebranding to orange, so I'm going to say going back to the old colors full time will never happen. They've also had lots of opportunities to use the old mighty duck jerseys as 3rds but have never done it, including this year when it would have made the most sense. They invented a whole new one. They had what, one throwback game?

Doesn't really seem like they're headed in that direction at all.

Reactions: McDonald19

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
They've spent a lot of money rebranding to orange, so I'm going to say going back to the old colors full time will never happen. They've also had lots of opportunities to use the old mighty duck jerseys as 3rds but have never done it, including this year when it would have made the most sense. They invented a whole new one. They had what, one throwback game?

Doesn't really seem like they're headed in that direction at all.
They allegedly tried to use those jerseys this year, but the league said no. I'm not sure why they wouldn't let them do that, but that's what's been said.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Sold my tickets for this one. The prices were too good and kid doesn't like the more heavily attended games as much.

Very curious to see how the team bounces back from last night. They've bounced back well from multiple terrible games this year. The problem is it's only mid-October and we've already had to bounce back from a lot of terrible games.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I figured my answer would be best answered here. So because I live in Boston, I’m three hours ahead of Cali time. I’ve been seeing ads where it says to be in your seats by 3:30 PT (6:30 eastern). So does that mean the retirement event will happen right before the game? I would’ve thought it would’ve been at 4 (7) or something.

I have a floor hockey game at 6pm (eastern) and would love to see the whole entire thing. If I have to skip my game I’ll skip it for this!

From what I've been told, we should be in our seats by 3:15, the ceremony starts shortly after. It'll last, at most, an hour to give time for zamboni/warm ups

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

It’s allegedly starting at 3:30, but who really knows? Hopefully he doesn’t have to stand there for what seemed like 15 minutes as they raise it like they did with Selanne :laugh:

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Alleged by whom?

I think Stephens amongst others. There was a tweet about it and some article that mentioned it around the time we first wore our thirds, but I can't seem to track them down right now. I'll post it here if I happen to find it.

There was never any explanation offered for it, though, just an allegation that the league for some reason didn't okay that. Who knows why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->