Karel Hromas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipped Off

Faster

Hromas is the best skater on the Ice for the Tips when he is out there. It is easy to see that He and Zach Hamill are teh future/class of this team (assuming Hromas plays here for a couple years). Hromas definately flys around the ice with good speed & crashes the boards but he is more finesse that force at this point. I haven't seen him get involved with any rough stuff so far.

Here's a few excerpts from a recent article about him:

The 6-foot-2, 203-pound, 18-year-old, left wing from Beroun in the Czech Republic was selected in the fourth round of the 2004 NHL Draft by the Chicago Blackhawks before the Silvertips nabbed him with their first-round pick in the 2004 Canadian Hockey League Import Draft. He also participated in the 2003 U-18 Junior World Cup for the Czech Republic.

Hromas has displayed good stickwork, speed and vision. But the characteristic that has stood out most about Hromas is his work ethic, especially considering European players often have the reputation of not possessing the same kind of grit as their North American counterparts.

"He's an example of how the biggest ingredient in a player is work," Everett coach Kevin Constantine said. "He just works. He's very willing to work and throw himself on the puck and battle on the puck in front of the net or in the corners. He plays fearless and the goals he's scored came from working hard."

Tipped Off

These guys always beef up their stat sheet, so I wouldn;t be surprise dif that weight on him was a little over inflated. To me it looks like he could put on some muscle mass. Once that happens I think he could be a good one. His MAIN problem is the team he plays for. I've been the biggest Constantine/Trap semi-supporter on this board, but as far as player development goes, he needs a more wide open style of play to fully take advantage of his skills. If you want him to learn patience and discipline, he's in the right place, but to develop his shooting and speed skating abilities he might need some work from somewhere else.

all in all I think he's the best skater on the ice for the Tips and if I had to bet on a scoring/points leader for this year, I would put my money on Hromas. As far as future ability, I'd put my money on Hamill or Hromas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad