NFL: Kareem Jackson suspended the second time this season for illegal hits

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
After being disqualified from a week 2 game for an illegal hit, then suspended four games after a week 7 illegal hit—reduced to two games by an arbitrator. Kareem Jackson now finds himself suspended for four game again after an illegal hit just four snaps after returning from his previous suspension.

Seems to have a serious problem avoiding hitting players with the crown of his helmet.

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He's had these problems since he was drafted.

I know it's standard protocol, but the PA really shouldn't appeal this. He is a danger to have out on the field.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Not shocking, arbitrator declined to reduce the second suspension. Same arbitrator who reduced Jackson’s previous suspension from 4 games to 2 games.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I know it's standard protocol, but the PA really shouldn't appeal this. He is a danger to have out on the field.
Have always found this fascinating - happens in the NHL too. But the guys to whom damage is done by these hits are also PA members, right?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
From my understanding, it's the player himself that makes the decision to appeal and the NFLPA is required to be his representation for the appeal since they're his union.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad