Kaprizov or Forsberg

Who is your pick for your team?

• Total voters

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Considering Kaprizov is a few years younger and was the best player outside of the NHL heading into this season, I'll pick him. Forsberg is a great player, but for Canucks Kaprizov would certainly fit our timeline better due to age and being cheaper as of right now

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I chose Kaprizov based on a choice between him and Filip Forsberg.....not Peter.

Filip is a great player, I just think that Kaprizov's ceiling is higher.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Hard to Pick Kaprizov over a kid like Forsberg when he's played no NHL games yet..... I wouldn't be shocked if Kap ended up better but I can't pick him atm

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I mean, i don't really need to know which Forsberg we're talking about here between Filip or Peter. It's either of them pretty easily...

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
I have Filip Forsberg in my dynasty league and I would trade him for Kaprizov without hesitation. However, there is no way the Kaprizov owner would even entertain the idea.

Obviously fantasy and real life are different things, but I think I feel the same way about real life. If Blackhawks could have one I’d roll the dice on Kaprizov’s high upside.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Guessing Kaprizov will finish his first season in the league with a higher ppg than Forsberg's best season yet.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
Considering Kaprizov is a few years younger and was the best player outside of the NHL heading into this season, I'll pick him. Forsberg is a great player, but for Canucks Kaprizov would certainly fit our timeline better due to age and being cheaper as of right now
If they switched places, Forsberg would be the best player outside the NHL too.

Reactions: MrOT

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Take a risk and sign him for 6 years.

Sure, just saying the benefit of the ELC is minimal as he'll probably get at least what Forsberg is making if he has a good season. Though he is under control for longer as Forsberg only has one more year after this before UFA so that's a decent advantage.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Sure, just saying the benefit of the ELC is minimal as he'll probably get at least what Forsberg is making if he has a good season. Though he is under control for longer as Forsberg only has one more year after this before UFA so that's a decent advantage.

Ya pretty much. 24 year old RFA(next year) compared to a 28 year old UFA(in two years).

Might even be a good thing that his ELC is ending, get a discount.

It's just tough to compare those two players when one is much more team friendly and Forsberg will rightly be looking to get paid into his mid 30s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad