Kaprizov for Hart trophy

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I have thoroughly enjoyed watching him in the handful of Wild games I’ve seen. He reminds me of McDavid a lot (don’t poop on me Oil fans, just stylistically)

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Top 8 favourites for the hart:

1. Huberdeau
2. Matthews,
3. Gaudreau,
4. Kaprisov,
5 Josi
6. Shesterkin
7. Draisaitl
8. McDavid

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I mean he’s integral to his team’s success, but I don’t think he is a finalist because of guys like Shesterkin, Matthews, Josi, and Huberdeau.

Reactions: User9992

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
If you go by the definition of the Hart Kaprisov should absolutely be in the running but with so many big story's this year I doubt he's even a finalist. this is Matthews to loose followed by McDavid, Gaudreau, Huberdeau and Josi.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
He does not have a lot to play with and has 93 points.

I already voted for him several times.

He is my Hart winner with Josi right behind.

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
I agree that he should be in the conversation. As Johnnybegood13 noted, going by the definition of the Hart trophy it's tough to find another player who is more valuable to his team. Kaprizov is leading the Wild in scoring, close to 20pts ahead of the teams next highest scorer. Great thread and completely agree he's getting overlooked in discussions.

For how good Matthews is there's Marner - McDavid has Draisaitl, Huberdeau has Barkov et al. Gaudreau etc.
Not to take anything away from the absolute monster MVP caliber seasons we're seeing from the players listed above, but for me they split votes. If the trophy is awarded to the player adjudged to be the most valuable to his team, hard to look past Kaprizov.

I think Evason has a chance at Jack Adams but that will be another interesting race. It's between him and Sutter for me.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Some useful stats:

Kaprizov is T7th in scoring and T5th in goals

Huberdeau is 28 points ahead of 2nd place on the Panthers (Kaprizov 19)

McDavid contributes to 43% of the Oilers offense (Kaprizov 35%)

Don't see him as being more "valuable" than the others given his offensive production is clearly less.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
You've obviously never read the description of what the trophy is supposed to signify

You and most of the voters, unfortunately

I’ve read it. It’s dumb to be honest and not a true MVP trophy at all. Luckily it usually does go to the best player rather than to the ”most deserving” one.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
I’ve read it. It’s dumb to be honest and not a true MVP trophy at all. Luckily it usually does go to the best player rather than to the ”most deserving” one.
It should either be awarded based on the description as its written, or the description of the award should be changed to reflect the way voters award it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->