Rumor: Kaprizov and Sorokin will play next season in the KHL

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Dude you are just a delusional leafs fan.. for a leafs fan to put wild down is funny. Again, wild was one of the best team in hockey 2nd half with easy schedule. Please stop talking nonsense because you sound ignorant
I literally picked the odds from the Athletic on March 12th and rounded up (it was 47%). I'm not even putting the Wild down.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Well, it sort of matters when it comes to adding players for a playoff run due to seasons canceled and the season indefinitely being put on hold. We just expanded to a 24 team playoff. There was no perfect way to handle what would and wouldn't be allowed given the season has been extended into July, if they can figure it out.
I'll ask again. Explain Scott Perunovich?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Well, it sort of matters when it comes to adding players for a playoff run due to seasons canceled and the season indefinitely being put on hold. We just expanded to a 24 team playoff. There was no perfect way to handle what would and wouldn't be allowed given the season has been extended into July, if they can figure it out.

I'd understand if it wasn't possible, if there was zero chance under normal circumstances. But just saying "unlikely" is a pretty garbage basis to try and enforce a rule around.

Reactions: 2Pair

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'll ask again. Explain Scott Perunovich?
Again, I've said the system isn't perfect. Perunovich likely would have been able to sign, but a line likely had to be drawn somewhere due to the insanity of the season. It's why we probably would have been better off if they just scrapped the whole year.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Again, I've said the system isn't perfect. Perunovich likely would have been able to sign, but a line likely had to be drawn somewhere due to the insanity of the season. It's why we probably would have been better off if they just scrapped the whole year.

Yoi are such a hypocrite. The college season wasn't finished either so your point is nill

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Why are either of these better options than just letting the players sign? How is it any different in effect than any other year where these players are allowed to sign? Colorado got a boost last season when blue chip prospect Cale Makar got to sign. What’s the difference?

Would you still feel the same way if the Leafs had a top prospect that would otherwise be eligible?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

So I haven't quite been keeping up, but are they allowing players that would've been injured during April and May to play once/if this thing pucks up? You know, guys that it would've been "very small odds", or dare I say "unlikely", of being able to suit up?

Reactions: 2Pair and AKL

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Why are either of these better options than just letting the players sign? How is it any different in effect than any other year where these players are allowed to sign? Colorado got a boost last season when blue chip prospect Cale Makar got to sign. What’s the difference?

Would you still feel the same way if the Leafs had a top prospect that would otherwise be eligible?
I wouldn't care. A line had to be drawn somewhere on player acquisitions due to the unprecedented situation we are in. I think its a bit of a joke we can add Nick Robertson (but, I don't think he will get 10 actual games required to activate the ELC of an under 20 player). Would you be this passionate about it if Kaprizov wasn't a Wild prospect?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Just so we're clear, your theory on why Scott Perunovich can't play in the NHL this season is because you don't think CSKA would've finished their season in time for Kiril Kaprizov to join the Minnesota Wild in the playoffs? That's really the bullshit you're trying to pass off?

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wouldn't care. A line had to be drawn somewhere on player acquisitions due to the unprecedented situation we are in. I think its a bit of a joke we can add Nick Robertson (but, I don't think he will get 10 actual games required to activate the ELC of an under 20 player). Would you be this passionate about it if Kaprizov wasn't a Wild prospect?

Of course I wouldn’t be sitting here arguing in a thread about it because I’d have no stake in it, but I would absolutely still believe that these players should be allowed to sign with their teams and play like they otherwise would have been able to.

It begs the question, why are you so passionately against these players playing?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Slight devil's advocate, but the NCAA situation includes a predetermined absolute end date that barely goes into the NHL playoffs. In their case, there is a 0% chance that Makar could've still been playing college hockey in late April and into May. Can't quite say that about Kaprizov.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Just so we're clear, your theory on why Scott Perunovich can't play in the NHL this season is because you don't think CSKA would've finished their season in time for Kiril Kaprizov to join the Minnesota Wild in the playoffs? That's really the bullshit you're trying to pass off?
No, that the NHL had to put something in about player acquisitions during this time. The college players were the fallout of what they did to stop the Euro additions. I don't think it is perfect or ideal. This whole season is now a mess.

What do you honestly think the odds were of the Wild playing long-enough into the season and CSKA being knocked out early enough for Kaprizov to sign to burn a year pre-covid?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Slight devil's advocate, but the NCAA situation includes a predetermined absolute end date that barely goes into the NHL playoffs. In their case, there is a 0% chance that Makar could've still been playing college hockey in late April and into May. Can't quite say that about Kaprizov.
Nikita Gusev signed his contract last year with Vegas on April 14th

Reactions: Carl33

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No, that the NHL had to put something in about player acquisitions during this time. The college players were the fallout of what they did to stop the Euro additions. I don't think it is perfect or ideal. This whole season is now a mess.

What do you honestly think the odds were of the Wild playing long-enough into the season and CSKA being knocked out early enough for Kaprizov to sign to burn a year pre-covid?

One day you’ll understand that this literally does not matter. One day. Maybe.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Your argument has run it's course

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And that would be my Exhibit A arguing in our favor. I just don't quite think the college situation lines up all that well to compare to.

It’s one rule. It doesn’t matter if the timelines don’t match up perfectly. You don’t get to pick and choose.

Reactions: 2Pair

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It’s one rule. It doesn’t matter if the timelines don’t match up perfectly. You don’t get to pick and choose.

Yeah, I just looked up the 2019 KHL playoffs, and the final game of the Finals was on 4/19/19. Last year, Colorado won their 1st round series in 5 games, the 5th game being on 4/19/19. I retract my devil's advocacy.

Reactions: AKL and 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
And that would be my Exhibit A arguing in our favor. I just don't quite think the college situation lines up all that well to compare to.
I think I would actually respect the rule change more if they did say that it only pertained to players coming from the KHL. That would be a little bit more forgivable. As it is now is beyond moronic.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
As an Islanders fan, apologies to the Wild fans and the NHL's circumvented blockade on signing players. As fans of another team hoping to sign their KHL star, Ilya Sorokin, we feel your pain.

I assume it is because Bill Daly grew up a Rangers fan and this is a great opportunity to screw the Isles and Lou Lamoriello. It must have killed Daly to watch the Devils win all those years.

Just remember this and turn your hatred to the Rangers, who now have a chance to both win the Stanley Cup AND the NHL Draft Lottery, via their matchup against a Canes team they beat 4-0 this season and the awful Brady Skjei trade.

That is not an accident but fantastic planning by the NHL brass, who have opted to re-write/ignore the rules.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
As an Islanders fan, apologies to the Wild fans and the NHL's circumvented blockade on signing players. As fans of another team hoping to sign their KHL star, Ilya Sorokin, we feel your pain.

I assume it is because Bill Daly grew up a Rangers fan and this is a great opportunity to screw the Isles and Lou Lamoriello. It must have killed Daly to watch the Devils win all those years.

Just remember this and turn your hatred to the Rangers, who now have a chance to both win the Stanley Cup AND the NHL Draft Lottery, via their matchup against a Canes team they beat 4-0 this season and the awful Brady Skjei trade.

That is not an accident but fantastic planning by the NHL brass, who have opted to re-write/ignore the rules.
You forgot to end with /s.
For the Rangers to win the lottery (well, it can't be 1st overall pick). They would have to beat the Canes, and Toronto would have to lose. Both Toronto and the Hurricanes would need to win the lottery, with NYR receiving the latter lottery pick.

And if the NYR beat the Hurricanes in a total crapshoot and get wrecked in the actual playoffs, they receive a worse pick than if they likely missed the playoffs, had none of this happened.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

You've said something similar a number of times without saying why. Why did the NHL have to draw a line on the stand on "player acquisitions" (even though it's not really a player acquisition, because the players are already on the reserved list).

What was wrong with the status quo? Why can't players on the reserve list sign at any time?

Reactions: Auston Escobar

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
@Khelandros has a good point, if the KHL season is not officially over. I can see the NHL not wanting to open a legal can of worms. If the KHL has officially declared the season over, then it just seems arbitrary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad