Rumor: Kaprizov and Sorokin will play next season in the KHL

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
None of that means squat as far as the NHL should be concerned when it comes to allowing the contracts to be signed.
Well it does matter about registering players for the playoffs. Kapriov and Sorokin likely aren't done their season in time to sign and burn a year if the season isn't delayed and Covid-19 doesn't end the KHL year.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I mean, I want him badly, the problem is how do I trade the farm for a guy going that's 23 making solid money in the KHL and has passed on joining a team after meeting with three different GMs? I'd give up more if I had a commitment that he'd come this coming year or next. With the entire pandemic, who knows? Chytil++?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Well it does matter about registering players for the playoffs. Kapriov and Sorokin likely aren't done their season in time to sign and burn a year if the season isn't delayed and Covid-19 doesn't end the KHL year.
Nikita Gusev finished his season in the KHL last year and then signed with Vegas in time to burn his year. Try again

islesny88

Jan 15, 2020
There's no risk, none with Kaprizov. This is all on Betman. Kaprizov is ready to come over & play for wild.

It’s the same situation as sorokin. I believe they’ll both come over in the end. Maybe I’m jaded from past experiences with petrov for the isles, but until they’re actually here, you can’t really say there’s no risk.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean, I want him badly, the problem is how do I trade the farm for a guy going that's 23 making solid money in the KHL and has passed on joining a team after meeting with three different GMs? I'd give up more if I had a commitment that he'd come this coming year or next. With the entire pandemic, who knows? Chytil++?

I don’t know which one you’re referring to, but both Kaprizov and Sorokin have committed to playing in the NHL as soon as possible. Specifically with Kaprizov, this rumor of him going back to the KHL has been debunked by multiple legitimate sources. He’s coming over. There is no risk.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, the Pens season would probably ended before Guentzel comes back, except for Covid. Fact is, the NHL have arbitrarily decided to not allow something that they did in the past.

MN was just out of a playoff spot when play was stopped, had a couple of games in hand on many other teams, was playing very well, and winning. You can't assume a damn thing about how the season would've ended for them.

Reactions: Go Wings

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Nikita Gusev finished his season in the KHL last year and then signed with Vegas in time to burn his year. Try again
Yeah, because Vegas was in the playoffs, and it was very close time wise because they got SKA got eliminated in the Conference final, and Minnesota was sitting 10th in the West when the season was stopped. CSKA makes the KHL final, this is highly unlikely to even be happening.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
On that same note CHL players wouldn’t be eligible either.

Also college players always join the playoffs
College season ends in the first week of April if you reach the Frozen four. The season for CSKA Moscow rarely ends before mid-April.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Yeah, because Vegas was in the playoffs, and it was very close time wise because they got SKA got eliminated in the Conference final, and Minnesota was sitting 10th in the West when the season was stopped. CSKA makes the KHL final, this is highly unlikely to even be happening.

Minnesota wasn't in 10th. Try again . When the season was stopped or before it stopped , wild were going back & forth between the final playoff spot & 1 point out.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Minnesota wasn't in 10th. Try again . When the season was stopped or before it stopped , wild were going back & forth between the final playoff spot & 1 point out.
Do you not know how to read the standings? Yes, you were 10th when the season was frozen, by actual standings and point percentage.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I know Bettman and Daly aren't the brightest couple, but you can't seriously be suggesting that they're dumb enough to change a rule based on a theory that was disproven just last season?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
So not true! Even team out if playoff could burn a year. So Leafs fan, everything you are saying is not true
How can a team burn a year if the player signs after the season is done? He needs to be on the active roster while games are being played. Which is why Gusev could burn a year after signing mid-playoffs. You actually don't know what you are talking about. At least stick to facts. Even if you disagree with how the NHL is handling this.

Reactions: 2Pair

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I know Bettman and Daly aren't the brightest couple, but you can't seriously be suggesting that they're dumb enough to change a rule based on a theory that was disproven just last season?
What theory? CSKA didn't finish their season last year until the regular season was done. The only reason Gusev was able to was due to Las Vegas being in the playoffs and SKA being knocked out in the conference finals.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
How can a team burn a year if the player signs after the season is done? He needs to be on the active roster while games are being played. Which is why Gusev could burn a year after signing mid-playoffs. You actually don't know what you are talking about. At least stick to facts. Even if you disagree with how the NHL is handling this.

Are you serious right now? Manh teams including ones of playoff sign players & burn a year off their contracts. You don't have to actually be in playoff to burn a year off contract

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Are you serious right now? Manh teams including ones of playoff sign players & burn a year off their contracts. You don't have to actually be in playoff to burn a year off contract
You need to be playing active games. Vegas wouldn't have been able to burn a year if they weren't in the playoffs.

How the hell can you burn a year off a contract if you sign a guy without your team playing a game. Otherwise, CSKA would have to have been knocked out of the playoffs before the end of the regular season, which is quite unlikely.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You need to be playing active games. Vegas wouldn't have been able to burn a year if they weren't in the playoffs.

How the hell can you burn a year off a contract if you sign a guy without your team playing a game. Otherwise, CSKA would have to have been knocked out of the playoffs before the end of the regular season, which is quite unlikely.

Is your entire argument that because it wasn’t necessarily likely that Minnesota would still be playing come May 1st if this were a normal year, the NHL is justified in throwing the entire rule out the window with no reason?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
What theory? CSKA didn't finish their season last year until the regular season was done. The only reason Gusev was able to was due to Las Vegas being in the playoffs and SKA being knocked out in the conference finals.
Let's pretend for a second that your insanely terrible theory is correct. The NHL won't allow Kaprizov to sign this year because he probably maybe might not have been done with his KHL season before the Wild probably maybe weren't going to be done with their NHL season.

Now explain why St. Louis isn't allowed to sign Scott Perunovich for their playoffs?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Is your entire argument that because it wasn’t necessarily likely that Minnesota would still be playing come May 1st if this were a normal year, the NHL is justified in throwing the entire rule out the window with no reason?
The reason is pretty clear to stop teams from loading up on players they would be unlikely to have. They don't want guys signing for short periods of time, one to load up, and two to stop teams from exploiting it to burn an ELC year getting these guys to their 2nd NHL deal quicker.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Let's pretend for a second that your insanely terrible theory is correct. The NHL won't allow Kaprizov to sign this year because he probably maybe might not have been done with his KHL season before the Wild probably maybe weren't going to be done with their NHL season.

Now explain why St. Louis isn't allowed to sign Scott Perunovich for their playoffs?
It's not perfect in execution, but they don't want teams to exploit signing post-20 drafted prospects who can easily burn a contract year due to the late playing dates and the fact the euro leagues are cancelled.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The reason is pretty clear to stop teams from loading up on players they would be unlikely to have. They don't want guys signing for short periods of time, one to load up, and two to stop teams from exploiting it to burn an ELC year getting these guys to their 2nd NHL deal quicker.

You need a better argument. Hit the books, come back when you find one. This exact scenario is allowed every single year, and results in both of the things you cited.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

You think that teams want to get the player off their ELC quicker?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->