Rumor: Kaprizov and Sorokin will play next season in the KHL

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
The fact the leafs just added Nick Robertson to their playoff roster just shows how stupid this is. If the team drafted the player they should be able to add them to playoff roster period.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Wild should pitch Kaprizov on signing and being loaned to Liiga, or SEL if the NHL is being dumb and the KHL won't allow a release.

I'm sure the Wild would love to, but an argument I've seen against this is the potential ramifications between Kaprizov and the Russian National team.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
The fact the leafs just added Nick Robertson to their playoff roster just shows how stupid this is. If the team drafted the player they should be able to add them to playoff roster period.

What? He signed his ELC 8 months ago. The entire issue is the NHL not allowing new contracts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monsieur Gustave H

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Didn't Robertson sign his ELC in 2019? The NHL is probably going to allow expandable rosters. There's no farm team playing. There's nobody to call up. You'll have to carry some extra players and keep them in shape. This isn't comparable.

The truth is, half the issues haven't been addressed, and when they get addressed there's going to be a vote. We're at the "Announcing we want to finish the 2019-2020 season, but we can't get in the remaining regulation games, so this is our plan" stage.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
So every team can sign guys on for this year to play in the playoffs then? Lundkvist with the NYR, etc?

Bettman and his bullshit 24 teams playoffs can f*** himself. Teams out of the playoff picture traded assets for picks. Now the go in a playoff round with less players and less chances to win the lottery. Bettman only cares about getting his rich pals richer. Salty spoiled leprechaon.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Kaprizov is going to be such a good member of the lanche! Sucks to be you wild! Hahahaha

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The whole reason is one Robertson is signed, and two, he doesn't burn an ELC year on the first game. The entire reason the Russians want to come over is to quickly burn an ELC year, so they only really play one NHL season before they get their big deals.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I just have assumed over the years that these guys will never come here anyways lol

I'm not holding my breath... and never have

Fantasy wise I'm losing patience cause I swear I've had Sorokin on it for like 7 years lol

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Bettman and his bullshit 24 teams playoffs can f*** himself. Teams out of the playoff picture traded assets for picks. Now the go in a playoff round with less players and less chances to win the lottery. Bettman only cares about getting his rich pals richer. Salty spoiled leprechaon.

Those teams that traded those assets for picks and now have less players and less chances to win the lottery, they approved this. Bettman didn't do this against their will.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The whole reason is one Robertson is signed, and two, he doesn't burn an ELC year on the first game. The entire reason the Russians want to come over is to quickly burn an ELC year, so they only really play one NHL season before they get their big deals.
None of that means squat as far as the NHL should be concerned when it comes to allowing the contracts to be signed.

Reactions: Go Wings

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What would Kap and Sorokin fetch say if both teams wanted to trade their rights? I know they won't, but just for conversations, let's assume.

An equivalent center prospect like Vilardi, Glass, Hayton, etc for Kaprizov.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I see why you are asking now because you are a rangers fan. Kaprizov is to many wild fans like me untouchable as I am sure he's to the franchise . So many would turn so fast on the organization & the GM it wouldn't be funny.
Trust me, I'd never move him myself haha. Just was curious. I'd do Miller, Andersson and the Carolina first for him.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Trust me, I'd never move him myself haha. Just was curious. I'd do Miller, Andersson and the Carolina first for him.
I would hope that Guerin laughs at that offer. Miller isn't a good sell to Minnesota fans, We've seen him play.

islesny88

Jan 15, 2020
It’s tough to say on Sorokin. The price the isles would want is likely more than a team is willing to pay given the uncertainty around. He’s got potential to be a top goalie, something the isles have never had in a long time. They’d probably want the equivalent but who in their right mind would pay that.

Same with Kaprizov I’d imagine. Wild would want a player of his caliber but who would pay that unless there was similar risk around their prospect.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
It’s tough to say on Sorokin. The price the isles would want is likely more than a team is willing to pay given the uncertainty around. He’s got potential to be a top goalie, something the isles have never had in a long time. They’d probably want the equivalent but who in their right mind would pay that.

Same with Kaprizov I’d imagine. Wild would want a player of his caliber but who would pay that unless there was similar risk around their prospect.

There's no risk, none with Kaprizov. This is all on Betman. Kaprizov is ready to come over & play for wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->