Confirmed with Link: Kapanen scratched for internal accountability

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Had Lou remained GM I doubt we have this issue, now we would have other issues but part of this is because we changed GM's and didn't do a good job of getting them on the same page.
True because Babs saw Lou as his boss. Lou has 3 Cups. Babs has 2 Cups.
Babs looked at Shanny and Dubie as his teaching assistants.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Imo theres probably a bit more to the story than whats officially been said. Seemed like the team was sending a pretty strong signal to the guy for just being a bit late to a practice....

Whatever it was, Kap needs to put on a strong on ice performance and just move on

Last edited:

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Imo theres probably a bit more to the story than whats officially been said. Seemed like the team was sending a pretty strong signal to the guy for just being a bit late to a practice....

Whatever it was, Kap needs to put on a strong on oce performance and just mpve on
Good Gawd man, how FAT are your fingers!:nod:

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Interesting radio tidbit from Friedman today - seemed to suggest Dubas was a bigger fan of Kapanen than Keefe.

Also suggested the front office sees this suspension as what they did with Kadri (where it obviously worked to get him more focused)

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Dh-CQhu-Uc-AEBCZI-2.jpg

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
I'm beginning to think that he wants to get traded.

He is not a happy camper.
I would say that is just his personality. He is an arrogant dude, or at least that is what people who know him always say. There was a case where he missed the start of the WJC camp and coach Jalonen was furious, Kapanen actually got Dubas to make a call to him and to try to explain why he was late.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
What all young men should be doing.

Just set that bloody alarm clock!

Remember also that the NHL drug testing gets you twice a year, once in preseason and once in the regular season. So if you've had your second test it could basically a free for all after that.

Reactions: CelticDruid

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
if there's any truth to the partying and the same issues when he was with Keefe and the Marlies, it may be time to sell high

Blue Nate

Sep 27, 2017
St Catharines
If the return is appropriate there's no reason not to trade him. I mean, I don't want to see him go, but you gotta give to get. I don't think Johnsson has the value league-wide that Nappy has to land a top 4 RD. And if we're not get an impact d-man there's no point to trading either of them.

Besides he may not be as fast moving forward if he won't be getting the sleep he needs.:sarcasm:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
if there's any truth to the partying and the same issues when he was with Keefe and the Marlies, it may be time to sell high

Won't be selling high if other GMs are in the know about Kappy. Given Leafs put this out in public, I'd say Leafs have no intention of moving him.

Reactions: ULF_55

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Love these guys to make a mountain out of a molehill. Do you guys realize how many of these kids stay up most of night playing these stupid online war games? I honestly don't get it myself. I was always timing things to get lucky late night. But times have changed man. Play, drink, get lucky then crash. Those were the old days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad