Kapanen or Athanasiou

Kapanen OR Athanasiou

• Total voters

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Simple question : who do you take for your team moving forward? Both blazing fast wingers with good hands and offensive prowess. Currently Athanasiou seems to have a slight edge offensively however Kapanen possess a more complete two way game. Two years separate these two with Athanasiou the elder.

Athanasiou
45gp 17g 12a 30pts

Kapanen
49gp 15g 15a 30pts

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Kapanen is better than he's getting credit for. Plays 100 every night. Yes going to be a top 6 forward for a long time...

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Kapanen is better than he's getting credit for. Plays 100 every night. Yes going to be a top 6 forward for a long time...
This is one of the most impressive things about Kapanen to me. He’s a legit warrior and has such a high compete level, especially compared to some of his own more heralded teammates. And although I voted Kap here, AA also has those same attributes in his arsenal.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Pretty close I'd say.

Depends on your team I think. I think Athanasiou is a guy you can put on your second line to produce his own offense. I think Kapanen is a guy that would play better with skilled players but wouldnt produce as much without them. So if youre like Toronto and gonna play him with Matthews, Kapanen is going to work better with him than AA would. If you put Kapanen in Detroits line up and play him with guys like Neilsen, Glendening and Helm he wont be as good as Athanasiou has been this season.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Kap. I like Kapanen's two way game. I didn't expect him to improve so much as he has this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad