Rumor: Kapanen and/or Johnsson available for a "good enough" defenseman

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
I can't dispute any of that except as to it is your preference, just as my views here are an opinion also

You get, however, what you pay for and what you don't pay for.
Put Kap in play and you get something proportionate in value
Up that to Nyl and you get a greater return.

The ? is whether you can pinch and hold back on G and D, or if you want to try moving a better F for a better D, or if you want to go with a deal like mine, and then when you have Deangelo AND Barrie, move one for some other area of need.

Most clubs, including ours, have some areas of need.
We just takes our chances, I guess....
yo dawg you aint getting willy for any of the crap you're peddling... bounceeeee

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I mean if you think the Leafs have even an average d core then your out to lunch. They have the 6th most goals against despite being a top 10 team in the league. That's.....really bad. This team is CARRIED by the offense. And Brady Skjei would skate literal circles around Holl.

You can tell me you have all these "bonafide" top end pieces all you want. If this team had even an average d-corp they would be a top 3 team in the league. But instead they are getting walked on by Ryan Strome …….
I wonder how many years it'll be before people understand that part of the Leafs offense is their defense players. They have structured the team around puck-moving skating D-men (Rielly, Barrie, Dermott, Holl..etc) with the priority on possession and puck movement. They get scored on more than average (21st in GA/GP - you didn't take into account the leafs have more games played right now than many teams), but they balance that with being one of if not the best offensive teams in the league (2nd in GF/GP).

Phaneufasaurus Rex

Jun 28, 2011
I still say the most logical trade partners are the Leafs and Oilers.
Both have to be even with Cap and both have what the other needs.
Kasperi or Andreas for Larsson plus / minus picks.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Oh you were serious! LOL for Kapanen….

Nowhere did I even remotely suggest who the Leafs would trade away from our team to get a #2/3.

If you're going to be rude you better at least make sure to read my post before responding to it.

Edit:
The closest I got to that was suggesting Kapanen's value is of a #4ish or that we could possibly get a better than #4 if it was Kapanen for a rental.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I wonder how many years it'll be before people understand that part of the Leafs offense is their defense players. They have structured the team around puck-moving skating D-men (Rielly, Barrie, Dermott, Holl..etc) with the priority on possession and puck movement. They get scored on more than average (21st in GA/GP - you didn't take into account the leafs have more games played right now than many teams), but they balance that with being one of if not the best offensive teams in the league (2nd in GF/GP).

If that was the case then wouldnt their D be having success offensively ?

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
getting creative but Martinez + Campbell for Kap + Bracco.

Kills two issues with one trade

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
I wouldn't trade Johnsson if I was the Leafs. I like his drive has a player and he's a good complement on a contender.

I take Johnsson ahead of Kapanen for a playoff push.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad