Rumor: Kapanen and/or Johnsson available for a "good enough" defenseman

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
That's too bad. I would have loved to see Mika in the playoffs. He looks like he can contribute in so many ways
Very unfortunate. Dont wanna see anybody go down that way.

Its too early to say, you dont see these types of injuries often. Technically he could be back for the playoffs, but I think it would be better to let him come back next year at 100% then bring him back late-year when the team should be rolljng. But what do I know? He could be 100% in late-march/early-april. Its early in his recovery process.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Yeah Boston was so stupid for playing McAvoy in #1D minutes with 0 professional experience. Oh yeah it was in the playoffs too. Can't believe they repeated that stupid mistake with Carlo right after.
There is a difference between a Mcavoy/Makar type then Liljegren. He didnt even get a shot early season. Why would he come up rather than Sandin/Kivihalme?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
There is a difference between a Mcavoy/Makar type then Liljegren. He didnt even get a shot early season. Why would he come up rather than Sandin/Kivihalme?

You think Kivihalme is a better call up option? Am I getting trolled right now?

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
You think Kivihalme is a better call up option? Am I getting trolled right now?
I was just typing out "well since he actually was called up, yes"

When it crossed my mind Liljegren was also called up, but didnt play either.

No, I dont think Kivihalme is a better option, I just thought since Kivi was called up maybe management thought he was more nhl ready. But it slipped my mind Liljegren was as well. Neither played.

I wouldnt mind seeing both get in a couple games depending on how long Muzzin is out. Our how injuries treat us down the stretch (knock on wood).

Neither should be fulltimers this year imo. Wouldnt mind giving them a few cups of coffee if that doesnt effect Liljegrens elc/expansion status.

Reactions: qqaz

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I don't think we should be trading anybody for "good enough" defenseman. Either go for a #2/high end #3 to pair with Rielly or sit pat. We don't have much use for a #4ish Dman that Kapanen/Johnsson would warrant (unless the Dman coming back is a pure rental).

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
I guess I fail to see why people think this is a non-story.

Two guys are available for a dman. That's literally what this forum is for. How is this a problem, exactly?

Many people on this forum cant grasp the nuance of these reports and think being reflexively skeptical about them makes them look smart- but it actually does quite the opposite. The report tells us several things - they are looking for a defenseman in-season, and they have two guys who they are either shopping or being asked about and aren't giving a flat out no. That might seem like common sense to some of these people, but it's actually a sign that there's active trade chatter going on. Also, reporters like Chris don't just throw out crap they think makes sense - this is likely spurred by things they have heard by people close to the team in recent days. A lot of people just read these posts and go 'heh! well that's stating the obvious!' without realising that it counts for more because of who is reporting it.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Colin Miller for Kapanen.

I've discussed that with Sabres fans a few times this season. The Sabres would have to retain to, at least, even out the salary. Preferably more. And then add a pick like a 3rd.

But, even then, Miller is looking less and less like the kind of player Toronto needs. Ceci's roster spot was up for grabs, essentially the right side on the 2nd pairing. But Miller is getting scratched half the time and Toronto just exteded Holl. Looks like the job has been filled.

Toronto needs a more steady defender who can play big safe minutes with Morgan Rielly, rather than an offensive guy who gets under 17 minutes when he even plays (Miller). Most Leafs fans know we'd have to add to Kapanen to get that.

Reactions: Mitts888

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
LOL... maybe Erod. Kapanen is dump as a stump.
??? you kids and your new slang, what does this even mean?
....do you think he is a dump, or dumb (even though you actually need good hockey sense to play on the PK)? ...and stump is stationary, so, you think he is slow too?

Reactions: ER89

Fnysnipe77

Feb 5, 2018
I saw somebody said it is said they wanted a shot at him. I figured that if Lindgren was in it lfl not only a need for you guys. But that first-round pick would be dangerous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad