Kaner's 1100th point watch thread

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So Kane is hard trending in Canadian Twitter after being left off NBC's top 10 players of the decade.

Lol.

Karlsson, Bergeron, Lundqvist, Kopitar, Stamkos, and Chara have no business being on there over Kane. Hell, I'd argue Duncs should be on it over Chara or Karlsson as far as D. This thing reeks of bias against Hawks.

Kane is #4 at worst. Crosby is #1 then Kane, Malkin, and Ovi are interchangable for the 2-4 spots.

This.

Last edited:

NoHuman

May 31, 2018
NHL on NBC didn't write this as a panel- it's just one guy who's never liked the Hawks (Detriot fan). Kane is the worst placement on here, but it's actually just a dumb list in general. Chara in the top 10 has no argument- he's been in decline for about 1/2 the decade with 0 play-based individual awards in the time frame. Putting him in over Keith/etc basically means the writer shouldn't be covering hockey. Don't know why they gave his take so much focus.

NBC's analysts had Kane at 3:

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
NHL on NBC didn't write this as a panel- it's just one guy who's never liked the Hawks (Detriot fan). Kane is the worst placement on here, but it's actually just a dumb list in general. Chara in the top 10 has no argument- he's been in decline for about 1/2 the decade with 0 play-based individual awards in the time frame. Putting him in over Keith/etc basically means the writer shouldn't be covering hockey. Don't know why they gave his take so much focus.

NBC's analysts had Kane at 3:

What a dumb list.

If they are just publishing one guy’s clickbait, they should probably separate the NHL on NBC brand from this nonsense. All it does is hurt the brand’s credibility, not an indictment of Kane in any way.

Reactions: Styles

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
NHL on NBC didn't write this as a panel- it's just one guy who's never liked the Hawks (Detroit fan).
O.K.: that explains it. Guy sure plays fast-and-loose with the pronouns, though- "we take a look at the players," "who makes our list," "crew made their picks."

For the sake of their own credibility, network folks should air a disclaimer to the effect of "the opinions expressed by this moron are solely his own, and do not reflect the views of NBC, Comcast/Universal, or [really, any sensible person assessing this topic]."

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
So Kane is hard trending in Canadian Twitter after being left off NBC's top 10 players of the decade.

WTF???? No homerism here. He should be on that list over everyeone not named Crosby, Malkin, and Ovechkin. I never care about those lists and stuff like this is the exact reason why

Reactions: Styles

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Lol.

Karlsson, Bergeron, Lundqvist, Kopitar, Stamkos, and Chara have no business being on there over Kane. Hell, I'd argue Duncs should be on it over Chara or Karlsson as far as D. This thing reeks of bias against Hawks.

This.

that list is a total f***ing joke. Nothing more nothing less. They should be ashamed for it.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Maybe this will spark the pro Kane collinites. Lol that’sridiculous. Maybe this will spark the anti Toewscollinites. Another ridiculous theory. Lol keep em coming. Sign. Deep breath. Dummy’s. So sound like a bunch of meat balls. Marinate in it. Best taste after 6 hours:
MistyImperturbableCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: ChiHawks10

EdzosCrayon

Apr 4, 2013
The most hilarious part of that list is obviously where Kane is ranked, but the 2nd most hilarious part is where Bergeron is ranked. How overrated he is is fast approaching peak Toews levels, and I'm pretty convinced that Boston winning 1 or 2 more cups this decade would have gave him that one extra push needed to get him there.

Reactions: Section88

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
With Kane's 9th all-star selection I was wondering if he was closing in on the record.

Apparently Gordie How played in 23. So basically Kaner just has to play 14 more years of hockey. At an all star calibre.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Lol.

This.
Stamkos can go above Kane on any list when he decides to show up for the playoffs.

We’re still waiting.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Two more points last night, both goals, brings hime to 991 with 380 goals. I find it amazing how he has become a much better scorer in the last several years than what he was when he started his career.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Two more points last night, both goals, brings hime to 991 with 380 goals. I find it amazing how he has become a much better scorer in the last several years than what he was when he started his career.

That's what happens when you're never satisfied, constantly working to improve your game, and want to be the best player in the league... It's a shame only one of the guys making $10.5M has that attitude and drive. Who would have ever thought that, early in their careers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad