Kane with 4 goals and 3 assists tonight!!!

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
He obviously had an insane game, but it should be put into perspective. It was against the last place team in the league, on the last weekend of the regular season. And knowing his coach, he and the other 4 regular PP unit were probably on the ice in the last 5 minutes in a blowout game.

I'm not trying to take anything away from his skill - he's amazing. But his stats are higher than they'd be if he were playing with another team or coach.

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
oh ok, maybe

Maybe Gillies would have around 120 pts then on London.:teach: Kind of puts everything into perspective I guess. Thing is, Hunter plays all his key guys in key situations each and every year and each and every year new guys light up the league on that team.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
I was at the game and wow, what a performance. I know the 7 points were against the last place team but every time he touched the puck it ended up in the back of the net. And its been that way for most of the season, in particular after the world jrs.

At the beginning of the year I was asking myself, is he better than Schremp as he reminded me a lot of him... then after 3 or 4 games I realized he is Schremp but with speed and better defensively!

I am just reallllllly hoping he comes back to London next year. At 160lbs I think he should be back but you never know.

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
I was at the game and wow, what a performance. I know the 7 points were against the last place team but every time he touched the puck it ended up in the back of the net. And its been that way for most of the season, in particular after the world jrs.

At the beginning of the year I was asking myself, is he better than Schremp as he reminded me a lot of him... then after 3 or 4 games I realized he is Schremp but with speed and better defensively!

I am just reallllllly hoping he comes back to London next year. At 160lbs I think he should be back but you never know.

I read a post that said Kane can not play a lick of defence. Was the post wrong or was Schremp that bad?

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
I'm not trying to take anything away from his skill - he's amazing. But his stats are higher than they'd be if he were playing with another team or coach.

Kane has been an excellent scorer everywhere he's played, though, people should remember that.

Certainly there is some truth to what you say, though. If Kane were on a middle of the pack team like, say, Kitchener, his numbers would certainly be a bit less.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Kane has been an excellent scorer everywhere he's played, though, people should remember that.

Certainly there is some truth to what you say, though. If Kane were on a middle of the pack team like, say, Kitchener, his numbers would certainly be a bit less.

Haha... Nicely done! :)

I read that he was, in fact, out on the PP with 5 minutes to go with London leading 8-3. I think you'll agree that a number of other teams would have sat the first unit PP in that situation.

GSK*

He is amazing...

Good game for Sergei Kostitsyn 1-5-6... 128pts in 58 games isn't bad either.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

I know off topic but how was Kost?

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Erie is meat.

He could still score 150 points this year, the Knights last game of they year is tomorrow against Erie again. If he makes the trip, perhaps we'll see 9 tomorrow.:D

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
Maybe Gillies would have around 120 pts then on London.:teach: Kind of puts everything into perspective I guess. Thing is, Hunter plays all his key guys in key situations each and every year and each and every year new guys light up the league on that team.

There's some validity to WHL Follower's point. Certainly not about Gillies scoring 120 points, but about Kane's point totals being inflated by the ice time that Dale Hunter gives him. In particular, I refere to Hunter's habit of leaving Kane out there for the entire two minutes of a power play and for playing him late in the game on power plays when the game is already in hand.

This is not to diminish Kane's skills, he has answered all or most of the doubts our scouts had about him earlier in the season. The proof is his rise to No. 2 in our March rankings after being ranked early in the second round in October.

I don't have a formula to throw out there to pro-rate Kane's points to what they would be with another coach. Suffice to say, he'd probably still be leading the OHL in scoring as an 18-year-old rookie. That's impressive. Even more so if you consider he missed time for the world juniors. Doubly impressive.

slade

Jan 4, 2007
18 Winspear Ltd.
the kid is slick-

i know hes listed at around 5'10 160-170, but i cant believe he's listed smaller then gagner- who looks much smaller to me.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Racking up points in Junior is not always a great barometer for judging prospects. Look at Schremp. Virtually unstoppable at Junior level. But has had his struggles as a pro.

How would people, who see him on a continual basis, rate Kane in his own end?

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Racking up points in Junior is not always a great barometer for judging prospects. Look at Schremp. Virtually unstoppable at Junior level. But has had his struggles as a pro.

How would people, who see him on a continual basis, rate Kane in his own end?
In his draft year, Kane is putting up numbers equal to what Schremp did in his senior year. Huge production at Kane's age means ALOT more than huge production in their final year.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
In his draft year, Kane is putting up numbers equal to what Schremp did in his senior year. Huge production at Kane's age means ALOT more than huge production in their final year.

Took the words from my mouth.

Kane is going to be a scorer in the NHL, not a checker. Who cares if he is defensively aware, teach him. I think he's the best players available in this draft year, but it's all going to depend on who's making the first pick. Schremp is a really bad comparable because he's not nearly as quick as Kane is.

IMO Philly would take Kane. Edmonton would take Kane. Columbus would take Turris. Chicago would take Kane. Washington would potentially trade down to add depth, and still get a valuble guy like Alzner. Phoenix would take Kane or Turris.

I think there will be a lot of movement at the top of the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad