News Article: Kane/Toews ESPN interview

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Heard it here first, Kane is leaving Chicago if Tazer gets a better contract

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Next contract? JT better start thinking of his next goal...Nada over the last 7GP...only 1 goal and 4 a over last 9GP...he is using up his stink quota of bad games quite fast. WTF is wrong with him? Not skating hard and fast..getting knocked off pucks and losing battles..take-aways reduced amd doesn't seem to even want to shoot more to end his slump..waiving on checks...mailing it in..tired? Maybe..but this garbage series of games has gone on long enough..Q needs to kick him in the pants...way way way off his B form ...let alone his A form..must we get more C's D's and F's from our highly paid captain who expects Rocky to raise him by millions more...for what? This kind of lolligagging? I am hard on him cause when I see lioafing..I will call out the culprit..and for too long now. .he has been deserving of being called out. SO I expect an effort from him at least tonight...if he fails to give that..then get ready with the knoves to dissect him tomorrow...enough slacker is enough. Not eorthy of his reputation and past level of performance..must get out of this slump..but score goals or not..he has to at least show he is trying hard.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
I think Toews has kind of been taking a beating out there lately. I think his wrist is starting to look better finally, but he's been boarded pretty good a few times and I wonder if he's just off as a result.

Godlike13

Dec 20, 2011
So happy to hear they want to stay. And with the cap projections, they are gonna get paid.

Last edited:

member 151739

Kane: Winnipeg was a cool place to play. We heard going in that fans there like to boo the other team's top players, so a few times when I had the puck I held on to it a little longer to hear the boos get louder. :laugh:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Kane: Winnipeg was a cool place to play. We heard going in that fans there like to boo the other team's top players, so a few times when I had the puck I held on to it a little longer to hear the boos get louder. :laugh:

Loved that and Toews saying he won't ever play in Winnipeg because they booed him. :laugh:

LandofLincoln*

That was a clever interview. I like the rivalry brotherhood they have going.

I was thinking Toews could get the extra half million, because Toews has had a better career. imo.

Kane is having a Hart Trophy type year and with winning the Conn Smythe I have to believe he has a better case for getting more $$$ now than Toews.

I don't think Kane cares about getting more than Toews. Kane is very happy with the way his game has progressed. Toews has been consistent the most consistent Hawk in my opinion.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Kanes comments about his future still worry me. "2 years is such a long way away, you don't know whats going to happen"

Just doesn't sound very committal, unlike what Toews said when he was asked.

member 151739

Kanes comments about his future still worry me. "2 years is such a long way away, you don't know whats going to happen"

Just doesn't sound very committal, unlike what Toews said when he was asked.

He said that because he's going to get traded for Miller.

EdgeR44

Jan 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
They both have the same agent and they will be conducting the same negotiations at the same time. Both will get exactly the same if they want to stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad