Kane Suspended 3 Games for Elbowing

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Meh, Pionk turns his back and drops down so his head is basically at dasher level just as Kane comes in. Definitely gets him with the elbow but I wouldn’t call it going high or targeting when he changes position and his head is basically at waist/chest level at the time of impact.

Reactions: Phu

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Meh, Pionk turns his back and drops down so his head is basically at dasher level just as Kane comes in. Definitely gets him with the elbow but I wouldn’t call it going high or targeting when he changes position and his head is basically at waist/chest level at the time of impact.
Yep. He's going for the exact type of hit Lucic threw on Ferraro twice, except Ferraro didn't stumble/duck as he was being hit. Kane's elbow/forearm hits where it does because of that.

hockeyfan55

Nov 24, 2009
As if Kane could be more hated in WPG. Not as bad as it looks full speed. I wouldn't have an issue if the league was consistent.

Reactions: Sandisfan

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Chara gets a pass from Parros for this though

Did Crouse even get a phone call for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Friday

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I mean outta all seasons to attack refs he picked a good one haha not like it matters anymore

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
It is 100% baffling why they have a single, retired player in charge of suspensions. He will definitely have some kind of bias. They need to have a board of people who probably don't even watch hockey to dish out suspensions in a neutral manner consistent with the rulebook.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Player safety needs to get away from being a lone persons job. And it especially should not be an ex players job.

It really should be a committee of atleast 10 people. With a mix of ex players/media/agents/gm's.

Or better yet, take it completely out of the nhl's hands and make it go through a arbitrator.

Reactions: goflyakite and Phu

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Player safety needs to get away from being a lone persons job. And it especially should not be an ex players job.

It really should be a committee of atleast 10 people. With a mix of ex players/media/agents/gm's.

Or better yet, take it completely out of the nhl's hands and make it go through a arbitrator.
It should be 1 per conference, can't review your own conference.

Reactions: Nth Turtle Reborn

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
On one hand, Kane is right

On the other, this response isn't going to win him any favors with league officials on ice or off

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I'm fine with Kane being suspended. I think his criticism of the league is fair, reasonable, and an accurate assessment. Unfortunately, I know that this absolutely will not result in more even handed suspensions in plays involving San Jose. Wilson calling out the league was a huge error, and I believe continues to contribute to some of the questionable decisions we've seen. Hardly a consiparcy theorist. Any team that calls out the league is unlikely to see positive results (and the Sharks have been mouthier than most- after a decade of being overly soft spoken).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad