Injury Report: Kane out 4-6 months with torn labrum, Clitsome out indefinitely

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
All joking aside I want Carcillo to get what is coming to him but the Jets need to be smart about it when they play here. He's not gonna want to fight Peluso but Tony P should make it an offer he can't refuse.

this is the perfect mentality for a team not focused on making the playoffs.

winning is the best revenge. plain and simple.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Who cares about finishing checks on Carcillo. The Jets should go and lay the body on Toews, Kane, Keith, and Hossa. The battle should be to try and punish their skill players with legal clean hits. Punishing Carcillo on the ice does nothing to help the Jets win the game, but trying to focus heavy physical intimidation on the Hawks stars is a much better option. The Jets paid the price by having their skilled player targeted by some no talent goon so hit the Hawks where it hurts and target theirs.

Yup. I'd rather see a Jets late hit on Sharp than on Carcillo.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I want Carcillo to be back from his suspension On Feb 6,

On his 1st shift

Jets put out
Peluso, Lowry, Thorburn on a line
with Stuart and Buff.

i want the jets to make a history, by having a player turtle out of the rest of the game and not go out in anymore of his shift due to fear of getting body check each time.

If the jets are in the hawks zone they should set it up and pass the puck to Carcillo, while buff lines him up for the biggest body check in the history of the nhl

yup thats what i want but i know it wont happen

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Ha ha I can remeber our team doing that...flipping the puck AT a player we wanted to get back at and just drilling him.

Of course, I am old. A LOT of stuff was allowed "back in the day" that you could never get away with in today's game.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I want Carcillo to be back from his suspension On Feb 6,

On his 1st shift

Jets put out
Peluso, Lowry, Thorburn on a line
with Stuart and Buff.

i want the jets to make a history, by having a player turtle out of the rest of the game and not go out in anymore of his shift due to fear of getting body check each time.

If the jets are in the hawks zone they should set it up and pass the puck to Carcillo, while buff lines him up for the biggest body check in the history of the nhl

yup thats what i want but i know it wont happen

If we play the Hawks in the post-season, it's going to get nasty. Likely, the team with enough uninjured players left in their organization to ice a single line by game 7 will probably win.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
this is the perfect mentality for a team not focused on making the playoffs.

winning is the best revenge. plain and simple.

I clearly said the Jets need to be smart about it and would it even happen and what difference would it make in the end probably nothing but I sure as heck would enjoy seeing Carcillo get destroyed by Peluso in a beat down of epic proportions.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Would require a roster move

@garylawless: won't surprise me if Jacob Trouba is in the lineup on Wednesday for #nhljets he looked ready in Dallas when he skated.

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
I think Pardy's time is done and will be waived with intent to be sent down to the rock.

Let's be honest both Stuart and Harrison are far superior LHD than him and when Trouba returns one will have to sit so no room, finally, for Pardy.

johnnynucleo

SleepyBeepy
Aug 29, 2011
I think that's quite likely.

If we were really pinched for a callup we either go into a game with 7 D or we move Buff back to forward for 1 game (1 game Paul! Buff has got to be defenseman longterm).

That was my thought. When Trouba is back, move Buff up to forward just until MP85 is back at which point your waive Pardy and move Buff back to D.

Postma, Harrison in Press box at that point along with Galiardi.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
That was my thought. When Trouba is back, move Buff up to forward just until MP85 is back at which point your waive Pardy and move Buff back to D.

Postma, Harrison in Press box at that point along with Galiardi.

I don't know.... how much ice time should Trouba get his first game back. Put Trouba in for Harrison and leave it at that..IMO

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I don't know.... how much ice time should Trouba get his first game back. Put Trouba in for Harrison and leave it at that..IMO

The bottom pairing only got like 10 minutes of ES ice last night, Troubs should be in for more than that since he's been skating while he was healing.

johnnynucleo

SleepyBeepy
Aug 29, 2011
Agreed.

No need to mess with Buff's mojo.
He's now a defenceman period.

Fair enough but either way a roster move is required to activate Trouba off IR, if MP is not going on IR himself. Lawless tweeted that he will likely be back after ASG. Waive Pardy now I guess? Even if chevy trades say postma for a RHW we still have too many guys on the active roster.

Last edited:

johnnynucleo

SleepyBeepy
Aug 29, 2011
Haha, Dreger on "Thats Hockey" just said he believes Carcillo's postion that he didnt intend to injure on that crosscheck.

Gino Reda gave him a look when he said that like "oh give me a break"

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
We always make these elaborate plans on what to do when everyone is healthy.
Then it never happens. :cry:

No need to make elaborate plans. When Trouba gets back in he will be paired up with Staurt. And the other other pairings will be Toby-Bogo, Chiarot-Buff. My wife could call that and she doesn't even watch hockey. Chevy will waive whoever he worries least about losing or Perreault will be put on IR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad