Kane can play at elite level till hos mid40s and pkay till he is 50?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So says traiber Ian Mack...but first Keith said he wanted to play till he was 45 and we saw himalready fall off in ability ...no longer elite#1dman...and now this trainer thinks Kane who never got to the prime level of freak fitness Keith once did,he is expecting to give another 16 years of elite player role for Kane?

What kind of weed arec these cazies on?

Sure...Kane doesn't care about defending his own zone. So yes...that saves energy for the elite show...but really does anyone think Kane will stil be elite offense after 40?

Also if Kane does not get married and have kids soon and waits till his career is over to start a family then he may never get that opportunity that late...

You expect him to sacrifice that for another 15-16 years or more?

I think itbis more realistic tgatcwe willbe very pleased if Kane still is elite after 4-5years let alone another 15-16 years..

Or is this just puffery by a trainer who thinks he can beat Father Time?...very few have.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I think Nylander won't start playing at high level until 40...all part of his master plan to play until 80. He's just saving energy right now and that's why he's floating around picking flowers game after game.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He won't be elite, but he can definitely play in his 40s (injuries aside). Jagr played til 45, and I could see Kane doing it as well.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He will play until his 40s. That's about the realistic ceiling for the best in today's NHL. Keep in mind his hands will slowly deteriorate, because it's pretty much inevitable that those fine motor skills fade after 40. Same with reaction times and hand/eye. But his are at such a high level, he has a long way to fall before he's not above average.

Crow

May 19, 2014
These hall of fame level top end talents usually play into their late 30s, early 40s at best. I expect that with Kane’s style.

Savard only played until 35 so that could happen too. Similar style of play. Circumstances might be different but who knows. The game being less physical now helps.

Last edited:

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
These hall of fame level top end talents usually play into their late 30s, early 40s at best. I expect that with Kane’s style.

Savard only played until 35 so that could happen too. Similar style of play. Circumstances might be different but who knows. The game being less physical now helps.
Wasn’t Savard like heavy smoker? Probably cut his career shorter than Kane who seems to take good care of himself.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Depends on how the game continues to evolve, and how flexible Kane is willing to be about situation.

If teams continue the trend of valuing production through all 4 lines, then I could see him reaching 40. But he's never going to be a traditional bottom 6 guy, so if he could find a team like the current Leafs, who are willing to put the Spezza's and Thorntons on their 3rd and 4th lines, and give them PP time, then he could keep producing. And if more teams continue in that direction, then he'll have more options.

Jagr basically stayed in the top 6 through his NHL career by picking bad teams. Personally I think the tax laws of the places he went had more to do with it than ice time, but when he actually played on a good team - Philly 2012, Boston 2013 - he was a 3rd liner and not particularly productive. He was still good enough as far as protecting the puck and helping drive play to be useful, but he wasn't lighting anything up. In Dallas and Florida, he was one of their best 6 forwards, so he got an automatic spot in the top 6. If Kane is willing to play in similarly bad situations, he could be a top 6 player til he's 40.

50? LOL

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Depends on how the game continues to evolve, and how flexible Kane is willing to be about situation.

If teams continue the trend of valuing production through all 4 lines, then I could see him reaching 40. But he's never going to be a traditional bottom 6 guy, so if he could find a team like the current Leafs, who are willing to put the Spezza's and Thorntons on their 3rd and 4th lines, and give them PP time, then he could keep producing. And if more teams continue in that direction, then he'll have more options.

Jagr basically stayed in the top 6 through his NHL career by picking bad teams. Personally I think the tax laws of the places he went had more to do with it than ice time, but when he actually played on a good team - Philly 2012, Boston 2013 - he was a 3rd liner and not particularly productive. He was still good enough as far as protecting the puck and helping drive play to be useful, but he wasn't lighting anything up. In Dallas and Florida, he was one of their best 6 forwards, so he got an automatic spot in the top 6. If Kane is willing to play in similarly bad situations, he could be a top 6 player til he's 40.

50? LOL
Hello Buffalo!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad