Kane and his penalty issues..

jetscupcrazy2014

Oct 20, 2013
I personally am tired of seeing Kane get called for whatever, and always pleading with the ref that he has done no wrong. Has anyone ever seen a ref change his mind, and not call the penalty after a player was whining to them? Kane needs to learn to stay out of the box, he is a star forward, stay on the ice...:cry:

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
Kanes penalties are normaly roughing penalties and thats because he plays hard, he rarely takes dumb penalties if only garret could provide some stats on what type of penalties he takes... personaly roughing penalties are not bad in my opinion Evander is our star and hes tough if every jet played his game our team would be unstoppable

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think anyone would disagree with this. Everyone is pretty much thinking the same thing.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Kanes penalties are normaly roughing penalties and thats because he plays hard, he rarely takes dumb penalties if only garret could provide some stats on what type of penalties he takes... personaly roughing penalties are not bad in my opinion Evander is our star and hes tough if every jet played his game our team would be unstoppable

I don't think that's true. The last couple of games, most of his penalties have been stick infractions. Hooking, high sticking, etc.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Way to many hooking penalties, and to much beaking off to the refs. If he takes a big clean hit he will almost always follow up with a penalty, still has a little maturing to do!

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
Who cares if he mouths to the refs, part of the game nothing to do with maturity crosby does it every game. It just shows me that he cares more, if kane keeps scoring a few penalties are not the end of the world. Refs alot of the time deserive a little beaking

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Just tired of seeing him crying to the ref after he gets called. Has anyone ever seen a penalty overturned ?

On roughings it's quite common to see players do this.

it has nothing with trying to not get a penalty, mostly its just letting the ref know yout hink the call was ****. And being emotional becuase your playing the game with a lot of intensity.

I do this to refs sometimes when i get called in my rec league, and i'm never hoping the call gets overturned mostly just venting frustration.

I believe in Evander Kane.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC

Last 7 games:

Hooking - 2
High Stick - 2
Holding - 1
Roughing - 1

Last year:

Roughing - 5
High Stick - 4
Hooking - 3
Tripping - 2
Slashing - 2
Cross Check - 2
Goalie Interference - 1
Interference - 1

jetscupcrazy2014

Oct 20, 2013
Well one day his beaking off will get the team an unsportsmanlike penalty. From what I have heard, the penalty he received on Fri was the reason he was benched....

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Well one day his beaking off will get the team an unsportsmanlike penalty. From what I have heard, the penalty he received on Fri was the reason he was benched....

And wasn't that a high sticking on a follow through from a pass? That shouldn't be a penalty, and he didn't do anything wrong in that situation. Great message to send, Claude. I know he took other penalties prior to that in the game. But that wasn't the time to take away his ice time.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Allot of Kane's recent penalties to me really haven't been penalties.
They are turning into rep calls just because he *****es about every penalty.

Allot of them would stop is he kept quiet

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth

No he doesn't.

I've been watching what the refs are calling and not with him.......and I don't like it.

Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Penalties are part of the game and if Kane gets a penalty for roughing I can live with that. He's at least trying to be involved and aggressive.

But the hooking penalties are always a result of being lazy and not skating. 4 minutes in the box is 4 minutes Kane can't be on the ice and scoring goals. This team needs him on the ice, not in the box. He needs to understand this.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Penalties are part of the game and if Kane gets a penalty for roughing I can live with that. He's at least trying to be involved and aggressive.

But the hooking penalties are always a result of being lazy and not skating. 4 minutes in the box is 4 minutes Kane can't be on the ice and scoring goals. This team needs him on the ice, not in the box. He needs to understand this.

I wouldn't call Kane "lazy" or not skating, even though he gets hooking penalties. They more often look to me like undisciplined penalties. He just "loses it" for a second and in trying to get the puck he hooks. He is one of the harder working Jets but he just needs to be disciplined and not use the stick to try to check guys.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I don't understand why he doesn't understand. Healthy scratch in his near future because you know he takes at least three tonight..

The only way Kane doesn't not play a game this year is if he is hurt
Penalties or not he has been hands down the jets best forward/player so far this season

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
The only way Kane doesn't not play a game this year is if he is hurt
Penalties or not he has been hands down the jets best forward/player so far this season

You dont have to sell me on Kane, check the username.

Also, i disagree with you. It would take serious balls, and im not sure yet if Noel has them, but after St. Louis, i would not allow myself to be surprised. If Kanes penalty pace keeps up, something drastic and immediate will and should be done-what better way to do it than the other box--not having Evander on the ice is like being on a perpetual PK, he must be made to understand an accept this.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
You dont have to sell me on Kane, check the username.

Also, i disagree with you. It would take serious balls, and im not sure yet if Noel has them, but after St. Louis, i would not allow myself to be surprised. If Kanes penalty pace keeps up, something drastic and immediate will and should be done-what better way to do it than the other box--not having Evander on the ice is like being on a perpetual PK, he must be made to understand an accept this.

1) I can read your user name fine
2) I am not trying to sell you on Kane
3) like it or not, what I said is true.

He is not getting press boxed.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
noel has been talking to kane about this since last season.

Doesn't mean you stop talking, and doesn't mean you sit your most dangerous offensive threat. I could see another benching if it continues, but that's a very small and temporary punishment as opposed to sitting a player. I think you have to be careful about how you temper Kane's aggressiveness and "FU attitude" - you don't want to clip it completely.

Just MO.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Just tired of seeing him crying to the ref after he gets called. Has anyone ever seen a penalty overturned ?

I don't like it either but for all of the great things that Kane does each and every game I will accept this minor flaw. He does have to stop taking stick infractions though. It's a bad habit. Ladd was doing it for a while and stopped. I think Kane will figure it out.

Beaking the refs? I accept it as being emotionally invested in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad