Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part IV

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I must preface that this comment is not race-related. Here goes:

He reminds me of Virgil van Dijk.

The body, the speed, the poise, the body -- my goodness.

He still looks 20 at times...because he is, but this is not a regular human. I've said it from the beginning.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The one thing I'd still like to see is a little nasty side.

He doesn't need to be dirty or dumb but he's gonna do harm with that frame. No sympathy.

Lindgren has this down pat. He's a f***ing sociopath but he's never out of position. Kevin Klein was also great at that.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The one thing I'd still like to see is a little nasty side.

He doesn't need to be dirty or dumb but he's gonna do harm with that frame. No sympathy.

Lindgren has this down pat. He's a f***ing sociopath but he's never out of position. Kevin Klein was also great at that.
I'm not sure we will get that from him, he hasn't really shown a nasty side like that in the NCAA or at the WCJs. I know it can always come later in players careers (Buch to an extent), but I wouldn't hold my breath for him to turn into getting a nasty side like Lindgren/Trouba.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
He's from North America so that won't apply to him
What about Chytil? DeAngelo? Gauthier? All exceptions.

With Howden, I’ll give Quinn the benefit of the doubt that he knew something we didn’t, because he looks great. And apparently many hockey experts and scouts were still very high on him even after last season.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Gonna be fun to watch his development over the next 3-4 years
The crazy thing is that he doesn’t even need to develop much more for me to be happy with him. As long as he A) keeps learning what he can and cannot do in this league, and B) becomes more consistent over the years, he is a top 4 d-man. In other words, he has such a high floor, without even mentioning his sky high ceiling.

Miller >>> Dobson right now, and that just makes this pick so much better.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
What do you mean by that? Are you talking about how fast he is or his agility?

Agility.

It’s really law of physics. The bigger you are, you must be exponentially stronger — in relation to your own weight — to handle the same G powers for example when turning.

Going the length of the ice is different. Supposedly there is a breaking point. I don’t know what it is, but the optimal skater can be taller than the optimal runner. In short, the taller you are when you run, the longer strides you can take and that is an advantage. But — you will also be in the air for a longer time, while basically having your feet on the ground the same time as someone shorter, and this means that you through your foot must get more power into the ground than someone shorter. This is really why we don’t see anyone 6’6 winning the 100/200 meter sprints. The amount of force your foot/calves etc can get into the ground during isn’t enough to get someone 6’6 running as fast as someone 6’2, or whatever Usain Bolt is. But when skating you have your blades to the ice longer which moves up the breaking point. It can be around 6’5-6’6 in terms of top speed I guess.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
What do you mean by that? Are you talking about how fast he is or his agility?

I think he's quite mobile but it's within the bounds of his size...he'll never have the quickness of a smaller player but he does everything very smoothly and doesn't waste energy being choppy or slow. But that quick agility this way and that isn't going to be some strong suit of his

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Agility.

It’s really law of physics. The bigger you are, you must be exponentially stronger — in relation to your own weight — to handle the same G powers for example when turning.

Going the length of the ice is different. Supposedly there is a breaking point. I don’t know what it is, but the optimal skater can be taller than the optimal runner. In short, the taller you are when you run, the longer strides you can take and that is an advantage. But — you will also be in the air for a longer time, while basically having your feet on the ground the same time as someone shorter, and this means that you through your foot must get more power into the ground than someone shorter. This is really why we don’t see anyone 6’6 winning the 100/200 meter sprints. The amount of force your foot/calves etc can get into the ground during isn’t enough to get someone 6’6 running as fast as someone 6’2, or whatever Usain Bolt is. But when skating you have your blades to the ice longer which moves up the breaking point. It can be around 6’5-6’6 in terms of top speed I guess.
Yea I was gonna say that he’s fast, but not very agile. And I’m not great at physics, so thank you for explaining that to me.

Reactions: Ola

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I think he's quite mobile but it's within the bounds of his size...he'll never have the quickness of a smaller player but he does everything very smoothly and doesn't waste energy being choppy or slow. But that quick agility this way and that isn't going to be some strong suit of his
Yea a prime example of that is Broberg. He’s also tall and fast (though faster than Miller), but his edge work/agility is nowhere near his speed.

WAIVE BRODZINSKI

Oct 3, 2020
What about Chytil? DeAngelo? Gauthier? All exceptions.

With Howden, I’ll give Quinn the benefit of the doubt that he knew something we didn’t, because he looks great. And apparently many hockey experts and scouts were still very high on him even after last season.
Howden looks great ????

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

He still looks 20 at times...because he is, but this is not a regular human. I've said it from the beginning.
You're in luck. I do not know Virgil van Dijk.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Agility.

Have you per chance seen Lebron James play? He's 6'8.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Virgil van Dijk started out as a forward, like Miller. That's probably the most interesting part I take away from this comparison.

I remember him with FC Groningen where they used him as an extra striker sometimes. It's amazing how Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord were never able to land him but he instead decided to go to Celtic

Reactions: Machinehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad