Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part IV

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Krams, Jul 27, 2020.

1. PuckLuck3043 Stairway To Heaven

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I loved the way he wrecked the Devil the other night and then showed amazing skill with his stick handling to get the puck out of the zone. He's had some struggles(what rookie Dman doesn't) but I'm very happy from what I have seen this year.

haveandare likes this.
  2. kovazub94 Enigmatic Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Trouba definitely deserves A LOT of credit for the way Miller transitioned and looked (calm and composed) on the defensive end.

One other thing that I wanted to point out again (because it was brought up before) is Miller's decisiveness when going for an offensive play. We all discussed to death how the Rangers other prized prospects look hesitant trying to make a play or even figuring out where to be - a mental process vast majorities of rookies have to go through to get it down to the instantaneous, instinct-like reactionary level. Miller doesn't show this hesitation and has this part down with some "courageous" plays to attempt for a rookie. Before making the play he knows what he wants to do and just goes about executing it. Again, pretty remarkable!

3. SnowblindNYR Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Sometimes I wish he was a little decisive but I feel like we haven't seen him burned that way in a while. He had a string of games in the middle of the season though where he looked bad pinching.

Anyway, Trouba is a guy that gets more shit than he should. Though I will say it's been less so this year.

4. Amazing Kreiderman @StatBoy_Steven Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Datacenter manager
    And without Trouba, Fox wouldn't have had the time and opportunity to adjust to the NHL level with favourable match ups in his rookie season. I think Trouba is more valuable than Ranger fans give him credit for.

5. Mugless Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    It's crazy that he has played a grand total of 39 NHL games.

6. Brief Candle This Charming Man

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I fully admit to being a Miller apologist, but it's for this exact reason. No time in the minors. Straight to the NHL playing a position that is notoriously difficult for young players to fully grasp. Sure he's made some mistakes, but the kid has been unreal.

SnowblindNYR likes this.
  7. True Blue Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Home Page:
    Think that you are right but also believe that a part of that decisiveness is at least partly due to the knowledge that he has Trouba back there to back him up.

8. haveandare Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Agreed. The main thing imo is that his point production is so much less than people expected after he had that 50 pt season in WPG. Makes it easy for people to get on him when he’s anything less than stand out great defensively

SnowblindNYR likes this.
  9. Unpredictable1 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Pretty sure that was on McLeod whose no slouch either.

10. kovazub94 Enigmatic Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Ok, maybe it’s the difference between tangible support where you can actually see Trouba covering for Miller while what you’re suggesting (and I’m in agreement) is sort of a mental, soft support letting Miller not think twice about leaving his defensive post. TBH, I can barely think of when Miller was going for an offensive play that left defense exposed but he seems to always be able to execute a play anyway.