Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part IV

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
coming in peace. In a keeper league and I currently have Erik Karlsson and I'm thinking of trading him for Miller. Do you think it's worth it with the upside since Karlsson is projecting downwards? I hear he could be Seth Jones esc? What's his actual projection currently?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
coming in peace. In a keeper league and I currently have Erik Karlsson and I'm thinking of trading him for Miller. Do you think it's worth it with the upside since Karlsson is projecting downwards? I hear he could be Seth Jones esc? What's his actual projection currently?

I think you might get better answers from someone else but Miller right now is a better defensive player than offensive player but he has good offensive skills and instincts, probably the second best defenseman in that regard now on the Rangers.

Reactions: Tkachuckycheese

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

started to respond as if based on reality

Last edited:

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016

i have no idea what a keeper league is,
fantasy sports seem to me like some bizarre vanity phenomon, completely unrelated to the actual games or athletes, which encourage participants to root for stats rather than effective play ...
You just keep the players each season or you can make trades. I cheer for players and teams and really don't take it 100% serious like other fantasy people. Just something fun to do on the side and to learn more about the players and their projections.

I think you might get better answers from someone else but Miller right now is a better defensive player than offensive player but he has good offensive skills and instincts, probably the second best defenseman in that regard now on the Rangers.
I liked him coming into the draft and thought he could be an Ottawa target. Just haven't been tracking him much since then. But thanks for the info!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

i have no idea what a keeper league is,
fantasy sports seem to me like some bizarre vanity phenomon, completely unrelated to the actual games or athletes, which encourage participants to root for stats rather than effective play ...

Not sure why you found the need to trash the guy's hobby. It's also a lot of people's hobby. Why not just not respond?

Reactions: Rangers ftw

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...test-key-rangers-player-to-suffer-injury/amp/

"Defenseman K’Andre Miller is also day-to-day and questionable to play Tuesday, with the rookie battling an upper-body injury that limited him in Monday’s practice. Panarin, meanwhile, missed a third straight practice with a lower-body injury, though he did skate on his own before the team took the ice.
“We’ll know a lot more [Tuesday] morning on both [Miller] and Artemi,” coach David Quinn said Monday after practice."

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I wonder if that's why he looked a lot less comfortable last game handling the puck. It's the only game of his this season where he looked visibly un-poised. An upper body injury may explain the sudden issues.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
He took a huge hit behind the Rangers’ net last game. He absorbed the hit like a pro and looked fine afterwards but that would have banged anyone up.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Hope he's alright. I think another summer of getting 10-15 pounds of muscle will take him to another level, especially being able to absorb and dish it out.

Reactions: bl02

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I am completely concerned at this point about his decision making, his reluctance to play physically, and what appears to be a complete lack of any emotion. He's poker faced all the time. Scored first goal, not even a smile. He does not seem engaged in what is going on at all. My initial thoughts on him were that he will be another Brady Skjei, all the tools but missing the tool box to put it all together. He had a stretch that made me believe I was wrong but now I am not so sure it wasn't pretty accurate.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I am completely concerned at this point about his decision making, his reluctance to play physically, and what appears to be a complete lack of any emotion. He's poker faced all the time. Scored first goal, not even a smile. He does not seem engaged in what is going on at all. My initial thoughts on him were that he will be another Brady Skjei, all the tools but missing the tool box to put it all together. He had a stretch that made me believe I was wrong but now I am not so sure it wasn't pretty accurate.

He's what, 18 games into his NHL career and the fact that he is in the NHL already means he has exceeded many people's timeline. He is playing top-4 minutes as well as PK and PP. I think the physicality is something that will come. He will never be a bruiser, it's never been his game. What he can do is close people off a bit more along the boards as he gets more comfortable but you can tell he is defending the middle of the ice first and using his stick as his main weapon right now.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The lack of physicality argument is so dumb.

He closes people off just fine and just because he's chosen to try to use his reach instead of stepping up on players doesn't mean hes soft. It's worked for him more often than not.

If anything, his issues are the exact opposite of what I thought they'd be. I worried that the pace would be a problem and he'd make panic mistakes. He's been way too patient with the puck on his stick on his half of the ice but as far as issues go, thats not a tough fix.

And now we're analyzing his body language? Just stop.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
I think Miller will be just fine. Yes, he has been making mistakes, but he is still a young player who just started his NHL career. Mistakes will happen and I can understand that. It's a different situation than with vets like Johnson/Smith.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Why does everything have to be an overreaction? He's a rookie who's played a quarter of a normal regular season. He played early on and struggled in his last dozen games or so. So now we're know he won't be better than Skjei. Do you realize how f***ing absurd you sound?

Reactions: haveandare

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Why does everything have to be an overreaction? He's a rookie who's played a quarter of a normal regular season. He played early on and struggled in his last dozen games or so. So now we're know he won't be better than Skjei. Do you realize how f***ing absurd you sound?
Was his comment serious? I seriously read it as parody......

If he really was serious, pretty timely "I told you so" after K had a tough game last night. Just didn't look comfortable at all...it happens. I can probably forgive him.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't really come here seeking your approval for my thoughts.
I'm just not part of the love fest. I'm looking at this objectively and I see some things that concern me.
You guys want to call me out as an over reactor when he proves me wrong, I will be happy to eat crow. I hope I am wrong and he turns out fantastic. If it turns out I'm not, I will be the chef, bring your appetite.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
I'm just not part of the love fest. I'm looking at this objectively and I see some things that concern me.
You guys want to call me out as an over reactor when he proves me wrong, I will be happy to eat crow. I hope I am wrong and he turns out fantastic. If it turns out I'm not, I will be the chef, bring your appetite.
You view your post as objective? What??

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Well your thoughts 2.75 can get you one ride on the Subway. If you can't figure out that calling someone no better than Brady Skjei after 20 games is premature I don't know what to tell you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->