Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Caufield ties it up on the PP. They are using Miller kind of low in the middle, just one man on the point. Never see that in the NHL.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Miller playing in the slot on the powerplay. Caufield scores to tie it, Miller’s not getting a point.

BC scores to make it 2-1 while I was typing

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Miller on for a goal against, probably could’ve been more aggressive on that play, but that’s also a pretty weak goal to give up if you’re the goalie

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
5-3 BC, Miller on the ice. Was watching the near side of the post, another Wisconsin player went at the puck carrier behind the net, puck got through the Wisconsin player to a BC forward in the slot who scored

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Definitely not Miller’s best game. His play seemed sluggish for most of the game, wasn’t moving the puck as well as he can for most of the game, and he still needs to make some better reads in the defensive zone.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
So last night was a lot of fun. We were second row behind the visitors net so got to see a lot of Spencer Knight who you guys know I’ve swooned over for a few years now.

but overall I mean that’s a special game. You had Turcotte Miller Caufield Newhook Knight Boldy (we had the pleasure of sitting directly behind his family and chatting with them. Great moment when he scored his first goal. Dad was so proud) 6 first round picks out there.

Caufield two goals from his office on Spencer Knight was cool. He didn’t do much else but he is lights out from that circle.

on to Kandre. It was a weird game for him. He was as best I can tell not really engaged. His skating and size are just flat out elite. But he didn’t ever look like he was going full speed. On the rush forget it you aren’t getting around him. His defense on the rush is effortless. And he made a bunch of great little passes in small spaces to get out of the zone or keep pucks in. In the second period he started to get going he wired a puck from the high slot that may have looked like it went wide on tv but it beat Knight just ticked off his buttend. He looked around like wow got lucky there. Knight absolutely stones him on a break in later right in front of us. Just a great save.

KAndre was playing the bumper spot in the slot on the PP1. Was weird but he actually was the forward in that set up and when entering the zone would park at the blueline. For me I’d have that guy carrying the puck in. He didn’t do this at all tonight. Weird spot for him but they trust his hands there to make plays and he does.

On the negative he still has work to do in his zone. He can get caught puck watching and almost looks lazy in letting guys get to the net with the puck his recovery is ridiculous he can let a guy go then catch him and break up a play with one stride. His athleticism is off the charts. He rarely made a bad pass in or out of his zone.

but he needs to show more fire and drive play. He seemed disinterested in going out there and trying to win the game most of the night. He has the ability to be much more involved.

he’s much better than he showed tonight but again the size skating even at half speed like he showed was elite to everyone else on the ice. I can see him getting bored at this level very quickly. Shouldn’t stay after this season.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
he’s much better than he showed tonight but again the size skating even at half speed like he showed was elite to everyone else on the ice. I can see him getting bored at this level very quickly. Shouldn’t stay after this season.
Great recap. Sort of sounds if he is lazy, he can be Marek Malik. If he is not, then the sky's the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad