Jul 14, 2009
Upside:
1. Miller
2. Robertson
3. Jones
4. Reunanen
5. Hajek
6. Rykov

I think Robertson and Jones have a better chance at being a top-4 defenseman than Miller despite Miller having more upside.

it likely has to wait another year until cap space frees up...but looking at that list, I'm thinking that if we can add a LHD version of trouba (ie 24-26 year old veteran) to that mix of kids like we did on the right side, then our blueline will be really good for a long time

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
it likely has to wait another year until cap space frees up...but looking at that list, I'm thinking that if we can add a LHD version of trouba (ie 24-26 year old veteran) to that mix of kids like we did on the right side, then our blueline will be really good for a long time

Ideally, we trade DeAngelo for a LHD of the same caliber (Werenski/Provorov)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Agreed. Anything beyond that gets too complicated

Well, it's more because we are no longer in that position where we need quantity over quality. A 1-for-1 trade that helps both teams is ideal. It has to be a trade that hurts for both teams, so to speak.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well, it's more because we are no longer in that position where we need quantity over quality. A 1-for-1 trade that helps both teams is ideal. It has to be a trade that hurts for both teams, so to speak.
That is exactly right. Both fanbases will wince. With what DeAngelo is becoming trading him for prospects makes no sense. Nor do I believe that Gorton is in the business of trading for pure futures anymore. And trading him for several good forwards as opposed to a top player does not make much sense either.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That is exactly right. Both fanbases will wince. With what DeAngelo is becoming trading him for prospects makes no sense. Nor do I believe that Gorton is in the business of trading for pure futures anymore. And trading him for several good forwards as opposed to a top player does not make much sense either.

Players I want in return for DeAngelo in a 1-for-1 trade:

Klingberg
Connor
Konecny
Hintz
Boeser
Barzal
Tkachuk
Werenski
Provorov

Someone along the lines of that caliber.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Players I want in return for DeAngelo in a 1-for-1 trade:

Klingberg
Connor
Konecny
Hintz
Boeser
Barzal
Tkachuk
Werenski
Provorov

Someone along the lines of that caliber.

I don’t know about Klingberg. He’s a righty and I think DeAngelo brings something that he doesn’t, along with probably pacing him in points from here on out. The rest of the list is good, but I’d rather limit it to a LD because that’s the most glaring need we have.

Klingberg will be 28 in a month and put up 77 points in his last 122 games. DeAngelo is 24 and put up 83 in his last 129, and to me, DeAngelo brings a lot more energy and fire.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don’t know about Klingberg. He’s a righty and I think DeAngelo brings something that he doesn’t, along with probably pacing him in points from here on out. The rest of the list is good, but I’d rather limit it to a LD because that’s the most glaring need we have.

Yeah, I was just naming players to explain the range I would look for in terms of the return. Not necessarily those players

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I keep DeAngelo. Too unique and valuable of an asset. If he comes in at a Pietrangelo like contract (currently signed, not the UFA to be), he's a steal.

Add in the fact that you have some bite on the backend, which Tony D adds to... you've got a stud. If Miller pans out, and has some snarl to his game, then it's an even fiery group.

The shifts with Tony D and Fox at the same time were just dominance out there with the puck, the Rangers totally owned the play. Maybe that's a consistent thing with Nils at some point.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I keep DeAngelo. Too unique and valuable of an asset. If he comes in at a Pietrangelo like contract (currently signed, not the UFA to be), he's a steal.

Add in the fact that you have some bite on the backend, which Tony D adds to... you've got a stud. If Miller pans out, and has some snarl to his game, then it's an even fiery group.

The shifts with Tony D and Fox at the same time were just dominance out there with the puck, the Rangers totally owned the play. Maybe that's a consistent thing with Nils at some point.
I do not think that we are proposing to trade him. I certainly am not I only said what kind of players it would take if it HAD to be done. And a similarly aged and trajectoried LD is the only thing that makes sense.

Reactions: Leetch3

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
If trading with WPG I would rather get their W who is a better player, on a better contract, and has a lesser reputation.

Reactions: LokiDog

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I do not think that we are proposing to trade him. I certainly am not I only said what kind of players it would take if it HAD to be done. And a similarly aged and trajectoried LD is the only thing that makes sense.

yeah I don't want to trade him at all...but the idea of trading from an area of strength to fill a need that makes the team better overall is an idea I can get behind. it doesn't need to be tony but that right now is an area of strength.

and thats why its important to state that its a 1 for 1 trade....whether its for a LHD or a center or whatever you are looking to get an equal caliber player at a different position, not trying to get rid of a guy.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I use to think (or hope) that K'Andre could be the next Seth Jones or Charlie McAvoy. The tools are there but I think he started from too far behind by switching to defense so late that he's ever going to quite get that good. He's still learning the position. It's not like he's shit though--two straight years at the WJC for the USA--not too many players are able to do that.

Right now I think Nils is higher. I think Nils could be another similar to Adam Fox---maybe more of a goal scoring Adam Fox because for one thing you could see he just figured out the SHL towards the end of the season. He was just pumping in a goal every game and looking like Ovechkin doing it. A couple years ago he was pretty much defense first--two years later he's turned into an offensive force at 20 years old.

To me K'Andre's biggest shortcoming is decision making with the puck. If I were to place his upside on the following scale:

1. S. Jones
2. Parayko
3. Ekholm
4. J. Manson

I would say he ends up a shade below Parayko, and a shade above Ekholm. Provided he makes sound plays with the puck. We're talking banks of the boards, or holding the puck protecting from the first checker, and making the easy pass.

Key plays his best when he can dictate the pace of play with the puck or defend against a higher paced player.

The other thing he needs to work on is being a monster PKer.

He's not afraid to block a shot, he's not afraid to hit. If he becomes a guy who is proactively dishing it out, with a couple of KOs in a fight or two, you are talking about a very top end asset.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
To me K'Andre's biggest shortcoming is decision making with the puck. If I were to place his upside on the following scale:

1. S. Jones
2. Parayko
3. Ekholm
4. J. Manson

I would say he ends up a shade below Parayko, and a shade above Ekholm. Provided he makes sound plays with the puck. We're talking banks of the boards, or holding the puck protecting from the first checker, and making the easy pass.

Key plays his best when he can dictate the pace of play with the puck or defend against a higher paced player.

The other thing he needs to work on is being a monster PKer.

He's not afraid to block a shot, he's not afraid to hit. If he becomes a guy who is proactively dishing it out, with a couple of KOs in a fight or two, you are talking about a very top end asset.

you say that like its a negative....if he falls somewhere between parayko and ekholm that would be amazing

Reactions: UnSandvich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->