Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Really appreciate all the updates.

Honestly, it sounds like Miller had a pretty poor weekend. The goals are nice, but the Rangers didn’t draft him to be a 4th forward. Hopefully it was a combo of rust and the benching.

Not bad when a 2 goal weekend is considered poor though!

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Really appreciate all the updates.

Honestly, it sounds like Miller had a pretty poor weekend. The goals are nice, but the Rangers didn’t draft him to be a 4th forward. Hopefully it was a combo of rust and the benching.

Not bad when a 2 goal weekend is considered poor though!
He was much better today than he was yesterday, but he still hasn’t played to the level I’ve seen him hit last season (which also had it’s ups and downs). I have a feeling he’s going to be a guy who it’s probably going to take until he’s like 25 to start peaking

Reactions: tealhockey

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You said it perfectly he’s been passive defensively in his zone. On the rush totally swallows guys but in his zone he’s looked disinterested. I didn’t see the game last night but sounds like the same from Friday.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Is K'Andre's preferred number 19? Love that number for a defenseman. Larry Robinson fan, maybe?

Or, of course, maybe just random...

Reactions: bl02

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
You said it perfectly he’s been passive defensively in his zone. On the rush totally swallows guys but in his zone he’s looked disinterested. I didn’t see the game last night but sounds like the same from Friday.
It’s a problem that goes back to last season, I think he’s still figuring out when to be aggressive and when not to as a defenseman in the defensive zone. All of the problems and holes in his game feel like they all stem from him switching positions somewhat recently, which is good in some ways and bad in the sense that it’s just going to take him playing a lot of games and situations to smooth them out

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Hopefully we start seeing him play absolute shutdown D. Idc about him getting shots or points as much as that. We don't have anyone anywhere near this organization who can go out against a top line and shut it down while contributing offensively. That's what we need him to be. Of course if he's a more offensively inclined 2nd pair D there is nothing wrong with that. I'm just crossing my fingers that the D side takes a leap in development

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
He was much better today than he was yesterday, but he still hasn’t played to the level I’ve seen him hit last season (which also had it’s ups and downs). I have a feeling he’s going to be a guy who it’s probably going to take until he’s like 25 to start peaking

The last line is plausible, and causes me to take a deep breath as well.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Yeah, but patience seems to be in short supply already around here

K'Andre Miller is going to be a real test of how good the Rangers are at developing players and specifically defensemen. He's got tons of natural ability, offensive instincts and physical tools but teaching him how to play in his own zone, how to be assertive without getting out of position will be crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad