Speculation: K'Andre Miller and Vitali Kravtsov NHL arrival? (read OP)

when will K'Andre Miller and Vitali Kravtsov be NHL ready?

• Total voters

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The only way, IMO, that Miller is not a regular in 21-22 is if he's traded. This upcoming season remains to be seen, but I think he's much closer than some seem to think. I don't need to go into the whole "great kid in a bad program, misused, didn't want to be a student, etc." thing that I always do, and I won't post all the stats that talked about how elite he was at preventing entries and leading controlled exits and how his expected stats were on par with the best in college hockey. He has work to put in but does enough at an NHL/close to NHL-level right now that I think he'll learn on the fly. I also believe they brought him as the non-roster player to the restart camp because they thought he was close and wanted to see first-hand what they had (and then raved about him).

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
d9dMOsj.jpg

He's in the game.

Reactions: egelband

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I dont want to be a negative nelly but I think Miller has huge bust potential and I’m leaning towards bust. Kravtsov might be in the same boat. But I get a worse feeling from Miller. I hope I’m wrong.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I dont want to be a negative nelly but I think Miller has huge bust potential and I’m leaning towards bust. Kravtsov might be in the same boat. But I get a worse feeling from Miller. I hope I’m wrong.
Why do you think he'll bust? He has done nothing but play well since we drafted him.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Not me I see him as a comparable player to josh morrissey in Winnipeg. Not overly physical, but doesn’t shy away from contact, big and mobile both move the puck quick but not an offensive powerhouse either. Just good decision making and since he is so big and quick is able to keep gap control or make up ground in case of a mistake. Morrissey is certainly more polished in his game but K’Andre has had no AHL games yet and has only been playing D for a few years. I think he has a bright future ahead of him. On a side note I know a lot of fans are not gona want to hear this but I think the guy we just drafted Schneider is what McIlrath was supposed to be. Schneider is just a smarter faster more offensive version. Dylan’s game was more raw and his offensive side never came to fruition.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Not me I see him as a comparable player to josh morrissey in Winnipeg. Not overly physical, but doesn’t shy away from contact, big and mobile both move the puck quick but not an offensive powerhouse either. Just good decision making and since he is so big and quick is able to keep gap control or make up ground in case of a mistake. Morrissey is certainly more polished in his game but K’Andre has had no AHL games yet and has only been playing D for a few years. I think he has a bright future ahead of him. On a side note I know a lot of fans are not gona want to hear this but I think the guy we just drafted Schneider is what McIlrath was supposed to be. Schneider is just a smarter faster more offensive version. Dylan’s game was more raw and his offensive side never came to fruition.

I don’t see this comparison at all. Morrissey was basically touted for elite hockey sense and positioning and considered an undersized defensive prospect (he may have even been 5’10 when drafted, he’s still barely 6’ today) who made up for it with impeccable positioning and hockey sense. Miller is literally the opposite; physical freak with tantalizing tools but questions over hockey IQ and positioning. He’s got Darnell Nurse written all over him. Similar boom/bust potential, similar strengths and weaknesses.

JayAB81

Oct 18, 2020
FYI, the new roster update came out the other day for NHL 21, here's who's in the game, and who's not.

NHL 21:

In the game:

NHL Roster:

LW 10 Artemi Panarin
C 93 Mika Zibanejad
RD 8 Jacob Trouba
C/RW 16 Ryan Strome
RD 77 Anthony Deangelo
LW 20 Chris Kreider
RW/LW 89 Pavel Buchnevich
RD 23 Adam Fox
C 72 Filip Chytil
RW 24 Kaapo Kakko
LD --- Jack Johnson
LD 25 Libor Hajek
LD 55 Ryan Lindgren
LD 42 Brendan Smith
LD --- Anthony Bitetto
C --- Colin Blackwell
LW/RW 33 Phillip Di Giuseppe
C --- Kevin Rooney
RW 12 Julien Gauthier
G 31 Igor Shesterkin
G 40 Alexandar Georgiev

In the system:

LW 13 Alexis Lafreniere
RW 74 Vitali Kravtsov
RW/C --- Jonny Brodzinski
RW/LW --- Anthony Greco
RD 44 Darren Raddysh
LW 26 Tim Gettinger
LD 57 Yegor Rykov
LD 44 Brandon Crawley
C 37 Gabriel Fontaine
LD 97 Marcus Robertson
RW 59 Ty Ronning
RW 63 Jacob Elmer
LD 51 Tarmo Reunanen
LD --- Calle Sjalin
RD --- Nils Lundkvist
RW --- Lauri Pajuniemi
LD --- Jacob Ragnarsson
G --- Keith Kinkaid
G 32 Adam Huska
G --- Olof Lindbom

Unsigned Draft Picks available to sign:

RD --- Braden Schneider
LW --- Will Cuylle
C --- Karl Henriksson
C --- Adam Edstrom
RD --- Hunter Skinner
LW --- Leevi Aaltonen
C --- Evan Vierling
C --- Matthew Rempe
C --- Oliver Tarnstrom
G --- Dylan Garand

Non-Roster Players Missing:

C --- Morgan Barron
C/RW --- Justin Richards
C --- Patrick Khodoerenko
RW --- Patrick Rueschhoff
LD 79 K’Andre Miller
G – Tyler Wall

Unsigned Draft Picks Missing:

LW --- Brett Berard
RW --- Eric Ciccolini
RW --- Riley Hughes
LD --- Zachary Jones
LD --- Simon Kjellberg
G --- Hugo Ollas

Unsigned RFAs:

LW 48 Brendan Lemieux

Some of the unsigned draft picks that are in the game are in franchise mode to be able to sign them, they don't show up in the In The System part of the roster.

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I don’t see this comparison at all. Morrissey was basically touted for elite hockey sense and positioning and considered an undersized defensive prospect (he may have even been 5’10 when drafted, he’s still barely 6’ today) who made up for it with impeccable positioning and hockey sense. Miller is literally the opposite; physical freak with tantalizing tools but questions over hockey IQ and positioning. He’s got Darnell Nurse written all over him. Similar boom/bust potential, similar strengths and weaknesses.
I honestly doubt Miller puts up 40 points ever. He had 1 good offensive year. I’m not saying Miller is as good as morrissey currently but both their games really on quickness and positioning. Miller is not gonna throw a devastating hit or burn you with his speed. He is gona rely on good positioning and his quick first 3 strides for gap control. Both are deceptively quick in a small area. Those 2 traits are bread and butter for morrissey. K’Andre is not as polished but he hasn’t been playing the position very long. I’m happy that Miller is bigger and he may never have the hockey sense morrissey possesses but I think his style of game would mesh really well with trouba. Nurse is more offensive and more willing to throw his body around then miller. Time will tell. Agree to disagree

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Miller is going to be in for a rude awakening when it comes to actual NHL defense.

No way he's ready this season..

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Miller is going to be in for a rude awakening when it comes to actual NHL defense.

No way he's ready this season..
Never know. He may come up for mid season to fill in for an injury and not go back. A lot of posters said the lindgren was at best a 5-6 D but most likely a career AHL player. You never know when the switch is gona turn on for some guys, and then guys like Skjei the switch is broken, it only goes halfway up

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Never know. He may come up for mid season to fill in for an injury and not go back. A lot of posters said the lindgren was at best a 5-6 D but most likely a career AHL player. You never know when the switch is gona turn on for some guys, and then guys like Skjei the switch is broken, it only goes halfway up

True story.. You never know but I just don't see it happening right away.
TBC..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad