Speculation: K'Andre Miller and Vitali Kravtsov NHL arrival? (read OP)

when will K'Andre Miller and Vitali Kravtsov be NHL ready?

• Total voters

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
with NHL 21 out, I thought it would be fun/interesting to try and add some high caliber player that are not accessible in the game (KHL and NCAA).

I figured the best way to gage the overall of these players would be to ask the fans that (insert player) plays for.

will post results in the EA sport thread

Please answer honestly​

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
If either was 4+ years away, would anyone write about them?

How many years should one analyze the OP before realizing it's a waste of time to respond? I know fan attitudes matter but HF by and large doesn't have the information it thinks it does.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I think Kravstov will get a late season look unless he has a really great camp. I think Miller likely the same. As far as full time duty? I imagine we’ll see at least Kravstov full time a year from now, while Miller may be a call up who sticks about half way through the season. That’s if Miller doesn’t end up getting a look this year, or doesn’t show well when he does.

Reactions: eco's bones

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Kravtsov isn’t in the game??? Stupid. He’s under contract and has appeared in AHL games.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Kravtsov is under contract. Him not being in the game is ridiculous. Just because he's on loan shouldn't change the licensing.

EA should acquire the KHL license already. So many leagues in the game. May as well get the 2nd biggest one
Kratsov is in the game. He's in Hartford.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I think Miller is 1 year away & Kravtsov is NHL ready. He played his first KHL games all the way back in 2016-17, he should have made the team last year in my opinion. I remember everyone fawning over him even moreso than Kakko in training camp, all the coaching staff/front office where talking about how much of a stand out he was. And then he was great in the preseason too

He’s a very flashy player but people act as if he has no defensive game whatsoever and he’s just coasting around playing pond hockey. As someone who has watched the majority of his KHL games since he was drafted I don’t think it’s true at all! But he’s the type of player who I think wouldn’t excel in the AHL, I bet he would put up more points in the NHL than AHL. He plays exactly like Pettersson to me.

But in Chel he’s a power forward LOL, if you’re simming the seasons and you create Miller accurately I don’t think he’s NHL ready, I’d maybe play Kravtsov. But if you’re actually playing some of the games they’re both pretty good on the sheer fact that they are tall af lmao

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Color me conservative, and maybe exceedingly so, but I went with KM3 and VK2. I really don’t see VK being more than a skilled third liner, which is kinda useless, if you see the third line as a checking / defensive line. KM is more interesting, but based purely on what I’ve read, he needs polishing and consistency. Defensemen also take longer to develop.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Anyone else of note NOT in the game?

Lundkvist?

He’s in the Swedish leagues. The only people not in the game are guys who have played in the KHL and NOT the AHL (so for example, Kravstov played in both so he’s in, Sorokin for NYI has not played in NA so he’s not) and guys in NCAA because neither of those leagues is in the game.

In general the 1st roster after release is usually the best one because all of the prospects are still in and assigned to their teams. Updates after this will take them out if they make their NHL team until about 2 weeks into the season when all the rookies have played a game and can be re-added.

Reactions: mas0764

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Kravtsov is under contract. Him not being in the game is ridiculous. Just because he's on loan shouldn't change the licensing.

EA should acquire the KHL license already. So many leagues in the game. May as well get the 2nd biggest one
Wasn’t the khl on record saying they wont allow their league in the game unless the title of the game includes their league name?

Reactions: egelband

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Anyone else of note NOT in the game?

Lundkvist?
Not if you play FHM ... everyone and then some. I signed Lundkvist as soon as I started. It took him a while to get going in the AHL, because he was still acclimating to NA, which lowered his morale. Once he started developing relationships with teammates, though, he started to kill it. Looking to replace Barrie, as Fox continues to develop, with him next season or the one after.

Last edited:

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Excited for Kandre but he will need some seasoning at the AHL level first, could get a cup of coffee this season but we are likely looking at next season for any type of regular role. He isn’t a slam dunk but he’s got all the tools.

Kravstov is another story for me. I’m gonna dismiss all of the garbage that went on last season and just talk about the player. He’s supremely skilled, but I’m not as confident forecasting his career in the NHL as some other fans are.

He’s a lot of flash and dash and not the full package I’d like as a compliment to what this roster is shaping up to be. He will certainly put up points at the NHL level but I’m worried about his all around play and what he would actually provide the team when things get really competitive in the playoffs.

Reactions: CasusBelli

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Excited for Kandre but he will need some seasoning at the AHL level first, could get a cup of coffee this season but we are likely looking at next season for any type of regular role. He isn’t a slam dunk but he’s got all the tools.

Kravstov is another story for me. I’m gonna dismiss all of the garbage that went on last season and just talk about the player. He’s supremely skilled, but I’m not as confident forecasting his career in the NHL as some other fans are.

He’s a lot of flash and dash and not the full package I’d like as a compliment to what this roster is shaping up to be. He will certainly put up points at the NHL level but I’m worried about his all around play and what he would actually provide the team when things get really competitive in the playoffs.
It’s a lot easier to teach defence and playing within a system than it is to teach a player to develop the offensive arsenal he has

Reactions: CasusBelli

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Miller would do well with a full year in Hartford with first NHL action in 21-22, hopefully full time by 22-23.

Kravtsov may well be ready this coming season if there is one, but I think he should complete the season in Russia and get some confidence back. He's here full time to start the 21-22 season, IMO.

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
I believe all the prospects are in the game except for NCAA and USHL players as they are unpaid amateurs. All CHL prospects and Euro prospects playing in Pro leagues are in the game as they are paid. Unfortunately because of the stoppage the roster updates won't add K'Andre or Barron until they play 1 pro game. Kravtsov is definitely in the game, he was in NHL20

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey

Agreed. I hated making Kravtsov in NHL 19 and now it appears I must do it again in NHL 21. Not only does it take time, but created players take way too many shots in franchise mode. That wasn’t Kravtov’s style. But this year he seems to be taking more shots?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad