OT: Kamloops Blazers draft Josh Doan in 9th round

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Very cool. Heard a while back that he's a good little player. But is this more of a nepotism pick given that Shane played in Kamloops, is now a part-owner, and this is a late round pick?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
But is this more of a nepotism pick given that Shane played in Kamloops, is now a part-owner, and this is a late round pick?

Oh, I'm sure it is... but I'm a lot more sanguine about this kind of nepotism than I am about the Friends of Gretzky drafts that gutted our prospect pool at the big club level over the years. :D

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I've reffed for this guy. My opinion of him based on 5 games experiencing him as an official is that he's a lot like Ryan Kesler. He's eager to do the hard work, throws big hits, and is the kind of player you hate playing against but love to have on your team. You may be more skilled than Josh Doan, but you're never going to outwork him on the ice.

As for skill, based on my terribly small sample size and combined with the fact that you don't really remember much about individual players from an officials' standpoint (unless you think they're likely to stir **** up or start a fight), he seemed just okay in terms of skill. I've noticed players on either end of the skill spectrum as an official, but they've been very rare outliers, so in saying this I'm just saying he's like 99% of hockey players I've seen at an ice level, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->