Kamloops Blazers 2019-2020

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Their remarkable run has ended, but boy for the first time in a long time the future is looking bright. Most of these kids got prime time minutes, and this experience is going to be huge in the future.

20's-Kobe Mohr, Zane Franklin, Jackson Caller, Travis Walton

Definitely think there will be and upgrade as Franklin is the one real shoe-in

19s-Orrin Centazzo, Brodi Stuart, Luke Zazula, Ryley Appelt, Sean Strange, Montana Onyebuchi

18s-Martin Lang, Connor Zary, Rayce Ramsay, Joonas Sillanpaa

17s-Kyrell Sopotyk, Josh Pillar, Quinn Schmiemann, Trevor Thurston, Ethan Brandwood, Reese Belton, Riley Ginnell,

16s-Logan Stankhoven

Stankhoven-Zary- Lang
Franklin-Stuart-Centazzo
Sopotyk-Pillar-Appelt
Belton-Ginnell-Kuefler

Onyebuchi-Strange
Zazula-Sillanpaa
Schmiemann-Thurston-Brandwood

Dylan Garand
Rayce Ramsay

BillP

Oct 24, 2012
Canada
I don't think it's their last/only kick at the can, so I don't wanna see them go all in, especially with kelowna hosting, but a couple upgrades would be nice. Mohr and Zazula were comically bad at times in the first round against the royals, shipping them out might be addition by subtraction. Maybe a couple extra draft picks get flipped as well, should be an interesting off season.

Reactions: wetcoast

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
Maybe you have more in sight than most... But I'm curious as to why you'd pencil in 7th round picks Belton and Ginnel and 10th round pick Kuefler?

I'd think that Orchard (year old 5th round with half a season), Bankier (3rd rounder from same class as Stankoven) could be in the running.

If 2017 late picks are in the running could Ironside or Doan be considerations?

Also curious if Bairos has an outside shot at the lower pairing? Darby got a shot?

I would agree that 3 spots open on the forward line and just one on the black for the day to day roster). With maybe only Appelt being a risk of being moved away from for youth...

Last edited:

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
I just wasn't sure if they wanted more than 1 16 year old. Kueffler, Belton and Ginnell are all 17, so if they aren't good enough to play at 16 or 17, no point having them in your system.

Kamsurvey

Apr 18, 2019
Maybe you have more in sight than most... But I'm curious as to why you'd pencil in 7th round picks Belton and Ginnel and 10th round pick Kuefler?

I'd think that Orchard (year old 5th round with half a season), Bankier (3rd rounder from same class as Stankoven) could be in the running.

If 2017 late picks are in the running could Ironside or Doan be considerations?

Also curious if Bairos has an outside shot at the lower pairing? Darby got a shot?

I would agree that 3 spots open on the forward line and just one on the black for the day to day roster). With maybe only Appelt being a risk of being moved away from for youth...

I think they will let Bairos develop another year getting big minutes in Midget like they did with Schmiemann. I don't think that they still have the rights to Darby. Personally, I think that Doan has a shot if he wants to come to the Dub. Didn't come as a 16 year old because he was so small but he has grown over the last year and now has the size to play in the Dub. I like Belton making the team as he put up big numbers on his Midget team. I personally think that Bankier gets a shot as he performed really well this past sesason putting up similar numbers to some of the kids that went in the first round of the Bantam draft.

Reactions: drivier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad