• Vasili Podkolzin

• Bowen Byram

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
It might be a bit early, but I decided to make some polls to determine the Oilers board's preference for draft picks.

We'll start with 1st overall.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I picked Hughes. Elite speed and playmaking ability, and North American (shouldn't be too much of a factor but it is with our organization). Kakko appears to be a lethal goal scorer though so he would be a nice consolation prize.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Definitely in the minority here but I'll take cozens. I think he has the highest floor and the safest pick knowing how bad we are at developing guys.

Reactions: fishcolator

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Definitely in the minority here but I'll take cozens. I think he has the highest floor and the safest pick knowing how bad we are at developing guys.

Huh. He actually seems the opposite to me. Very low hockey IQ. I have a feeling he might bust.

Reactions: Aerrol

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Very very close but it's Kakko.

6'4 207, great speed and acceleration, amazing edges and hands, great vision and playmaking, beautiful shot, good 2 way player. This guy is the complete package, big + strong and good in his own zone, but dynamic and a force in the offensive zone.

However, I think the Oilers would take Hughes 1st. Less bust potential in our org and he's a lot more dynamic offensively. With the puck on his stick Hughes is a magician, but his shot's a muffin and he's very small/ineffective defensively.

It's basically Marner vs Rantanen.

Kakko's size and all around game gives him the slight advantage imo. Voted Kakko, wouldn't be upset if we took Hughes #1.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017

6'4 207, great speed and acceleration, amazing edges and hands, great vision and playmaking, beautiful shot, good 2 way player. This guy is the complete package, big + strong and good in his own zone, but dynamic and a force in the offensive zone.

However, I think the Oilers would take Hughes 1st. Less bust potential in our org and he's a lot more dynamic offensively. With the puck on his stick Hughes is a magician, but his shot's a muffin and he's very small/ineffective defensively.

Kakko's size and all around game gives him the slight advantage imo. Voted Kakko, wouldn't be upset if we took Hughes #1.
so its decided then.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Kakko, I think he’s better. Would only pick Hughes because he’s a centre, which isn’t a priority here.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Kakko, I think he’s better. Would only pick Hughes because he’s a centre, which isn’t a priority here.
Hughes is too small to play center in the NHL so that's moot tbh.

It's RW vs RW. (I think Hughes will play RW since he loves to make plays from the right side and usually attacks from the right side)

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I picked Hughes. Elite speed and playmaking ability, and North American (shouldn't be too much of a factor but it is with our organization). Kakko appears to be a lethal goal scorer though so he would be a nice consolation prize.
Where do you see this elite speed ? Hughes is not the prospect for the Oilers. Has to be Kakko or Turcotte.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Pick the Finn! Third times a charm, right?

Seriously I haven't seen enough of these guys play. I just hope Kakko isn't picked because I hate his name. It reminds me of the french word for poop.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Jack Hughes or bust.

Then they can convert Drai into a full time winger for McDavid. RNH can also become a full time winger for Hughes after a couple of years as well.

x - McDavid - Draisaitl
RNH - Hughes - x

It would be nice to re-acquire Maroon and Eberle for cheap via free agency to fill in those spots.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Besides Klefbom, who have the Oilers brought over from Europe that had a successful career? With that reasoning I go with Hughes every time.

Reactions: Homesick

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Hughes is too small to play center in the NHL so that's moot tbh.

It's RW vs RW. (I think Hughes will play RW since he loves to make plays from the right side and usually attacks from the right side)

Actually Kakko has played some center too. He played a number of games at C in Liiga earlier this year. So he could be a C as well. Not that it really matters for the Oilers though as we're stacked there.

Btw people think Hughes is skilled and has great hands, but Kakko is no slouch in that area either:

He has everything you want in a modern day NHL player. Hughes may be slightly better in some areas, but he doesn't have the size, shot or goalscoring abilities (like going to the net and scoring dirty goals, or just being able to power himself to the net from the boards to create scoring chances) that Kakko does.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
x - McDavid - Hughes
RNH - Drai - x

vs.

x - McDavid - Drai
RNH - Kakko - x

Oct 15, 2008
giphy.gif

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Hughes has been the unanimous #1 for the entire season. Kakko has been #2 and sometimes #3.

Don't see how you take him over Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad