Kaiton Out as Radio Broadcast

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Is it Stormy or the guy that plans/coordinates Stormy's routine/schedule/etc?

I thought it was the coordinator, especially with the comment about "finding a lady friend for Stormy."

I work at a private school in Raleigh. One of our students was former anthem singer KK Fritsch. She and her family are all awesome folks. George, the mascot, came to our school with a bunch of balloons to celebrate KK turning 15. I got the sense from talking with her folks that George does stuff like this a lot. So I think it was largely a full time job. He would visit hospitals, do charity work, film videos for games and promotions, and serve as a general ambassador for the team. From all accounts, George was an awesome guy.

Also, sometimes you can see Stormy walking around the upper rafters. I'm not sure why. My love-it-or-hate-it section 328 (I love them for sure, but they are loudmouths) one time yelled "don't do it Stormy" as he was up there. He heard us and put his hands over his mouth and looked at us for a while. Stormy cracks me up. He can't speak, but he does listen.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
I found Chuck hard to listen to, as little as I listened on the radio. Reading the comments on the radio business...this all makes perfect sense.
I also found Kaiton hard to listen to. Just a personal bias, but I found his voice shrill and irritating. He sure knows his hockey, tho, and I can see why other ppl loved and respected him so much. A truly dedicated HOF'er.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I found Chucks voice like an IPA...the first time you experience it you are like “what the hell”, but the more you listen, the more you appreciate it until when you go back to the others, they just aren’t as satisfying. I didn’t listen often because I was either at the games or watching on TV, but when I did, I enjoyed his craftsmanship.

Gonna miss him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad