Kaigorodov suspended by Sens...going back to Russia

Roy G Biv*

Muckler basically promised Kaigorodov the number 2 centre position.

Murray didn't hear this, and barely played Kaigorodov AT ALL.

Kaigorodov doesn't battle much, and probably wasn't the answer.

Muckler is a moron for letting this happen, and not trading Kaigorodov. He must have had some inkling that he wouldn't report.

Bad asset-management by Mucks.

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
Players who go home or stay in Europe get way too much flack. I'm pretty sure there was a behind the scenes agreement that Kaigo would be the 2nd line centre, or would at least get a decent amount of ice time. And he definitely didn't come over here to ride a bus in the AHL. Honestly, why would anyone leave their home country to make less money and not be a star. Clubs should tell players that they may be sent to the AHL instead of now making Kaigo look bad by saying that he deserted the team. Very classless.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Kaigorodov got the shaft.

I believe a player must EARN their ice time......but they must also be given the OPPORTUNITY to show what they've got.
Kaigorodov was never even given a shot in Ottawa.

The Sens loss...

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
did he even play? i didn't notice him at all in any sens games i saw.

he was either a healthy scratch, or when he palyed he barely saw the ice. A far cry from the sure fire 60-70pts sens fans were predicting in the preseason.

Why suspend him though or for that matter try to send him to the minors, why not just let him go back to Russia then give him a chance to win a top 6 job in camp next year?

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
he was either a healthy scratch, or when he palyed he barely saw the ice. A far cry from the sure fire 60-70pts sens fans were predicting in the preseason.

Why suspend him though or for that matter try to send him to the minors, why not just let him go back to Russia then give him a chance to win a top 6 job in camp next year?

They suspended him because he's under contract and they don't want to pay him. He can be unsuspended at any time

gbl1p

Jun 19, 2003
Ottawa
www.level1productions.com
Yup. This could prove well to be poor management by Mucks. But, on Kaigs part he was massively ineffective at best - soft, invisible, uninterested. Played with no spark, and was not hungry in the least to take advantage of the little time he was indeed given. Talented passer, but wayyyy too timid to make any impact.

He might have it in him to succeed at this level at some point, but gift-wrapping him a 2nd line C job in his first year would have been equally poor management.

Avery4Byng*

I'm a firm believer if you bring in a goal scorer they should be used with other snipers. Nothing worse then bringing in a sniper and playing him with 2 grinders on 8 minutes a game.

SP

Oct 24, 2006
Both Muckler and Kaigorodov said that the 2nd line centre position was his to lose. And congratulations Kaigs, you lost it.

He got time playing in training camp, ehibition games, and a few minutes in the regular season. Never did he show ANYTHING. No talent, no desire, nothing. He was soft, timid, didn't feel like working hard, never went to the corners, etc. The team, struggling as it was, would do worse with him as the second line centre. You don't sacrifice the team for the development of a prospect, you send him to the AHL to log big minutes.

ESPECIALLY for a Russian playmaker who is 23 and not used to the north american game. HE HAS to get a lot of minutes playing in the AHL to get used to the changes before he can make an impact.

It was in the best interest of both the Senators and Kaigorodov to send him to Bingo. Too bad he seems to be a spoiled rotten ungrateful little ******* who thinks he doesn't have to earn his stripes and that he is more than just a rookie prospect.

Go back to Russia, you *******. You'll never amount to anything.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Players who go home or stay in Europe get way too much flack. I'm pretty sure there was a behind the scenes agreement that Kaigo would be the 2nd line centre, or would at least get a decent amount of ice time. And he definitely didn't come over here to ride a bus in the AHL. Honestly, why would anyone leave their home country to make less money and not be a star. Clubs should tell players that they may be sent to the AHL instead of now making Kaigo look bad by saying that he deserted the team. Very classless.

Bolded parts are oh so true

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
That's the risk when drafting russians. Unless there's a AO/Malkin -type of talent available, I don't want my team (Ducks) to draft a single russian player.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Is it just me, or does anyone else distinctly remember that when Kaigorodov came over, it was widely reported (as in quotes from many of the involved parties) that the deal was Kaigorodov would either be playing for the Senators or returned to his Russian team, and this was the reason no fuss was raised at all over transfer fees? It seems that it's the Senators who are trying to break a previously formed agreement here.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Is it just me, or does anyone else distinctly remember that when Kaigorodov came over, it was widely reported (as in quotes from many of the involved parties) that the deal was Kaigorodov would either be playing for the Senators or returned to his Russian team, and this was the reason no fuss was raised at all over transfer fees? It seems that it's the Senators who are trying to break a previously formed agreement here.
I remember that as well. It was either the NHL or the RSL.

But suspended in this case just means that they wont pay his contract anymore. Not like they want him to not be able to play in the RSL.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004

yes, i remember it as as well. that's why i was very surprised to see muckler talk about sending him to the minors in the first place.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
Both Muckler and Kaigorodov said that the 2nd line centre position was his to lose. And congratulations Kaigs, you lost it.

He got time playing in training camp, ehibition games, and a few minutes in the regular season. Never did he show ANYTHING. No talent, no desire, nothing. He was soft, timid, didn't feel like working hard, never went to the corners, etc. The team, struggling as it was, would do worse with him as the second line centre. You don't sacrifice the team for the development of a prospect, you send him to the AHL to log big minutes.

ESPECIALLY for a Russian playmaker who is 23 and not used to the north american game. HE HAS to get a lot of minutes playing in the AHL to get used to the changes before he can make an impact.

It was in the best interest of both the Senators and Kaigorodov to send him to Bingo. Too bad he seems to be a spoiled rotten ungrateful little ******* who thinks he doesn't have to earn his stripes and that he is more than just a rookie prospect.

Go back to Russia, you *******. You'll never amount to anything.

Now, how do you really feel???:sarcasm:

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
It's a shame... he could have used some AHL seasoning to get used to the North American game. Muckler should take some of the blame though... he did basically promise the guy the number 2 centre position.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Good Riddance.

His contract should count against the cap.
So maybe teams would learn drafting better, and stop those stupid offers that comes with a promise of a interesting role.

And for Kaigs, no one forced him to come across the Atlantic. If he didn't fit, too bad for him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->