Kai Kantola US prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Sounds like a finnish name, anyone have any info about this guy?

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
He is from Finish parents and has spent time in all over playing hockey. But he is playing for team USA and is considered a US prospect.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
A second year player, Kai spent the 2003-2004 season playing in Finland, where he participated in a camp. From there he played with the Finnish National Team at the Four Nations Tournament. Originally from Toronto, Ont., Kai moved to North Carolina with his family when he was eight years old. Nonetheless, since he started playing hockey at the age of four, he has dreamed of playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Along with hockey, Kai enjoys playing golf.

This is from his bio on the Fargo-Moorhead Jets page. The Four Nations Tournament is no kiddie tourny, am i right?

ndhockey21

Aug 1, 2004
North Dakota
He has some pretty decent skills but sometimes has trouble using them all since he is kind of weak. In a year or 2 when he has 10-15 lbs more on him he will be alot more effective at most likely the D-1 level.

Guy Flaming

Kai Kantola had a strong game for the US in their tournament opener at the Viking Cup. He is being overshadowed by the Okposo/Lewis/Vande Velde line but Kantola showed decent speed and hands in the opening 8-4 win for the US over Slovakia.

www.vikingcup.com

I am on the boradcast team and am doing about half the games so if you have questions... start a new thread and I'll see what I can answer for you.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
pihinalle said:
I don't like this. The other countries are stealing our names. Kai Kantola, Matt Niskanen, Dwight Helminen...

And we're stealing the other countries names: Kevin Kantee, Niklas Bäckström, Niklas Hagman... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad