Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Dominik Kahun signs with the Oilers (1 year, $975K)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Except the Oilers are going to need him to sign for league minimum though. They still have Bear to sign and available cap space is going to mean they need to sweeten the pot for any of their cap dumps.

With Klefbom out for the year all we'll really need to do is paper transaction guys like Bouchard and Yamamoto to the AHL and maybe waive a scrub like Khaira that nobody would pick up anyway. I think we could afford Kahun up to 1.5 mil or so. Bear is 100% getting bridged, maybe even only for a 1 year deal.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
With Klefbom out for the year all we'll really need to do is paper transaction guys like Bouchard and Yamamoto to the AHL and maybe waive a scrub like Khaira that nobody would pick up anyway. I think we could afford Kahun up to 1.5 mil or so. Bear is 100% getting bridged, maybe even only for a 1 year deal.
crap forgot about Klefbom on LTIR...sorry you are right.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Dominic Moore played for seven teams in six seasons. Nothing was wrong with him. He was twice trade bait at the deadline and twice draft bait for 3rd round picks. Don't make something out of nothing unless you have evidence.

Kahun put up 3 points, then was healthy scratched for the very next game by Sullivan.

Travis093

Travis
May 5, 2012
Saskatoon
Kahun put up 3 points, then was healthy scratched for the very next game by Sullivan.

"With franchise center Evgeni Malkin returning to the lineup for a 2-1 overtime loss to the Edmonton Oilers, the Penguins had a fully healthy lineup for the first time this season. As a result, Kahun, who had recorded four points in his past two games, was a healthy scratch.

“It was very difficult (to scratch Kahun),” coach Mike Sullivan said.
“We could have went a number of different directions with that decision. That’s the conversation I had with Dominik when I made that decision. That’s a tough decision. It’s a good challenge to have as a coaching staff because I think it’s an indication of the depth that we have. We have legitimate NHL players. We can only put so many of them in the lineup."

“In Dominik’s case, I think the last handful of games have been his best. I just don’t want it to set him back. He’s got to make sure he keeps his confidence and stays ready. He can’t control the decisions the coaches make. All he can do is control how he reacts to it. That’s important from our standpoint. He’s a great pro and a good person. He understand it.”

“I never was a healthy scratch in my life,” Kahun said Friday, before Saturday’s lineup was determined. “I hope it’s not going to happen. But if it happens, it’s nothing that I can do. I just have to work hard again.”

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Draisaitl and Kahun defenitely had some fun those days. :popcorn: :D

Kahun:
2009-2010 - Mannheimer ERC U16 - Schüler Bundesliga - 27 Games / 56 Goals / 70 Assists / 126 Points
2010-2011 - Mannheimer ERC U16 - Schüler Bundesliga - 30 Games / 69 Goals / 137 Assists / 206 Points

Draisaitl:
2009-2010 - Mannheimer ERC U16 - Schüler Bundesliga - 27 Games / 48 Goals / 55 Assists / 103 Points
2010-2011 - Mannheimer ERC U16 - Schüler Bundesliga - 29 Games / 97 Goals / 95 Assists / 192 Points

Farmers :sarcasm:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Kahun is tricky to peg down. I find that he gets overrated around here because of the skills he does occasionally show, but he also gets underrated by coaches who seem to focus on the negatives in his game.

I can see Kahun breaking out (in a good middle sixer sense) and I can see him back in Europe before long just as easily and it may come down to how he gets used as much as how he plays.

Sullivan healthy scratching him after a 3 point game (in <9 mins of ice time) and him going through 3 organizations in his first 2 years in the league point both to the skill he has and how little rope he's been given.

Reactions: Riptide

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
This only makes sense if they can get him for 1 yr for under $2 M...looking at this stats he should get a 1 yr at league min. but it is Edmonton looking at him they may give him a 2 or 3 year...:sarcasm:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Ah, the Dallas Eakins treatment. Wonderful.

He benched Yakupov in the third after he had a goal and an assist in the first two periods because "he wanted him to finish that game feeling good about himself". f***ing moron.
Did you read what Burke said on interviewing Yakupov? It was very interesting stuff. Eakins was a disaster. The funniest Eakins thing ever was when he changed the media spread to vegetables with no dip because some of the reporters were chubby...haha.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Did you read what Burke said on interviewing Yakupov? It was very interesting stuff. Eakins was a disaster. The funniest Eakins thing ever was when he changed the media spread to vegetables with no dip because some of the reporters were chubby...haha.

Yeah I remember the media guys commenting on this. It wasn't a negative take. If on ice success had followed Eakins all of his rather over the top changes would've been lauded.

I felt so bad for Yak. The kid was never taught how to play the game of hockey. The revolving door of coaches did nothing but hurt him. Eakins had Yak actually pointing to the guy he was supposed to cover on the ice. An NHL player being treated like that.. ugh.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I like Kahun a lot. I was furious when Buffalo didn't qualify him. Until of course it was because they were clearing cap for Taylor Hall. Still am hoping Kahun can be brought back. He is the ideal middle 6 40 point forward.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Shit is Neal really a 4th liner at this point?
It is hard to tell. He played with injuries all last season until the stoppage. He looked great on the 4th line + PP duties in the play-in when he was finally healthy and much faster. I think he could play in the top-9. Unless the Oilers sign Kahun, there will be a spot open on either McDavid's line or Draisaitl's for Neal/Ennis to take.

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Shit is Neal really a 4th liner at this point?
The only fourth liner on that roster is Khaira. Odds are that Chiasson would get bumped for Archibald, who kills penalties. Hard to find roles for everyone with so many middle six forwards on the roster.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
If we sign Kahun I'd roll with

RNH - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Kahun - Draisailt - Yamamoto
Ennis - Turris - Neal
Archibald - Haas/Quine/Khaira - Kassian

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If we sign Kahun I'd roll with

RNH - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Kahun - Draisailt - Yamamoto
Ennis - Turris - Neal
Archibald - Haas/Quine/Khaira - Kassian
Actual wing depth.

CPVkdfL.gif

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This might have shown that he was coming here, but if it did I would think it would have been done by now. The best explanation is that Drai is his friend so he'd want to follow his team, and maybe his agent thought it might drum up interest.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
crap forgot about Klefbom on LTIR...sorry you are right.

By now many know I am the Person who created:
High danger Sh area theory
(called Rickisbox on Lowetide) (Homeplate by MSM). This theory was a observation of Clarke, leach, Stoughtons Flin Flon Bombers as a 4-5 yr okd High function Autistic.
And
Open/closed shot theory: From Ron Gunville’s (Player Personel Director Of WHL Champ PA Raiders) Table Hockey goalie movement playing road hockey as kids.
Shots hit him In the body it was like hitting a board or wall.
Proved their are shots that have 0% chance of going in.
These 2 45+ yr old observations are the basis for all proper goal differential hockey analytics.

I created 50+ theories from it including my Champ roster theory (26 yrs of repeat Final 4 Roster Structure)
VGK selected 100% of players in exp that fit my champ roster core theory list making it the only pro sports Championship proof.

Measure Orgs is About Championships: 2 chanmpionship orgs.

29 losing orgs each yr.
One org wins the most important game of the yr.
The last gm.

Everyone concentrates on offence. The part of hockey easy to visually understand.

Offence does not drive championships.

LAK won a Cup as the #28 Reg ssn goal team.
Dal won a Conf Championship this yr as #29 reg ssn goal team.

Defence ( prevention of GA) wins championships.
Most final 4 series winning teams give up 4g (1.00gaa) to 8G (2.00gaa) in the 4 series win gm.

Being an elite GA team in playoffs Requires
A top 10 Open shot (only scoreable)
4+ top 60 high danger open shot reduction Dmen
elite PK fwd and Dmen.
(Getting + ve goal differential in pp is 5.42 times easier than Getting +ve goal differential on PK.)
PK has all the Special teams value cause you do not win Conf + Cups giving up more than 2ga in 4 games.

Top PK forwards and Dmen have huge championship value.
Of top 155 (5 x 31 tm) PKmin fwds
Khaira #13 PK Fwd.
A very important part of Conf & Cup championships.
More valueable than PP QB play.

Last edited:

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Doubt it's a coincidence he started following the Edmonton Oilers and its players. He only started following the team today.

Nope. He was screwing with the oilers trying to get the contract he wanted. Talks fell apart and the Oilers resigned Ennis

archangel2

May 19, 2019
By now many know I am the Person who created:
High danger Sh area theory
(called Rickisbox on Lowetide) (Homeplate by MSM). This theory was a observation of Clarke, leach, Stoughtons Flin Flon Bombers as a 4-5 yr okd High function Autistic.
And
Open/closed shot theory: From Ron Gunville’s (Player Personel Director Of WHL Champ PA Raiders) Table Hockey goalie movement playing road hockey as kids.
Shots hit him In the body it was like hitting a board or wall.
Proved their are shots that have 0% chance of going in.
These 2 45+ yr old observations are the basis for all proper goal differential hockey analytics.

I created 50+ theories from it including my Champ roster theory (26 yrs of repeat Final 4 Roster Structure)
VGK selected 100% of players in exp that fit my champ roster core theory list making it the only pro sports Championship proof.

Measure Orgs is About Championships: 2 chanmpionship orgs.

29 losing orgs each yr.
One org wins the most important game of the yr.
The last gm.

Everyone concentrates on offence. The part of hockey easy to visually understand.

Offence does not drive championships.

LAK won a Cup as the #28 Reg ssn goal team.
Dal won a Conf Championship this yr as #29 reg ssn goal team.

Defence ( prevention of GA) wins championships.
Most final 4 series winning teams give up 4g (1.00gaa) to 8G (2.00gaa) in the 4 series win gm.

Being an elite GA team in playoffs Requires
A top 10 Open shot (only scoreable)
4+ top 60 high danger open shot reduction Dmen
elite PK fwd and Dmen.
(Getting + ve goal differential in pp is 5.42 times easier than Getting +ve goal differential on PK.)
PK has all the Special teams value cause you do not win Conf + Cups giving up more than 2ga in 4 games.

Top PK forwards and Dmen have huge championship value.
Of top 155 (5 x 31 tm) PKmin fwds
Khaira #13 PK Fwd.
A very important part of Conf & Cup championships.
More valueable than PP QB play.

Someone is pumping their own tired and blowing their own horn loudly.

Reactions: TopCheese

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
If we do add Kahun, we are officially in "too damn many forwards" territory. Josh Archibald, Joakim Nygard, and Gaetan Haas are all also under NHL one way deals, and Patrick Russell is a coaching staff favourite. Something would have to give. Unless the plan is just to shove two of them through waivers and whatever happens, happens
Let Jujhar go. Keep Archibald, and Haas. Nygard and ennis are coming off an injury or something are they not? So who knows if they are going to be ready to go or durable by the start of the season. I don't get the love for Russell you can find guys like that anywhere. A few of these guys will pass through waivers unclaimed IMO (Russell/Nygard/Jujhar)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->