Prospect Info: Kaedan Korczak, Defence, 41st Overall, 2019

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Well he seems to fit with his strengths which is cool, dude moves well and can remove guys with his skating and positioning. Who knows, but I will say the Knights definitely know what they're doing with defensemen. I'd guess we see his offensive development jump a bit this next year just like we did with Hague.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I'd guess we see his offensive development jump a bit this next year just like we did with Hague.

That's exactly the thing that's going to determine if he is an NHl'er. Being able to transition the puck, get shots on goal, and maybe even force yourself into PP time.

From what Ive read, people are split on who has more upside between him or his teammate on the Rockets, Thomson. Thomson was taken at 19th...so that speaks volumes about getting this guy in the 40's. They are hard to compare though, completely different players.

There's an interesting article out there with Adam Foote (yes that one) who is the coach of Kelowna comparing and talking about both of these kids. He said Kaeden started on PP1, but was playing 30 minutes a night so Kaeden was sent to PP2 to manage his minutes better. That explains his production.

Word is Thomson is gone next year, so Kaeden will be right back on the top unit. Hopefully with Kelowna being the Mem Cup host, they will get this guy some damn help. Having better teammates, PP1, managing his minutes more, I see a great year ahead of him. Let's hope for somewhere between 50-60 points on the year.

And he has one of the best defensive defenseman ever coaching and mentoring him. I'm enthralled over this pick to say the least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad