Kadri: How many points this season ?

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC

Keep on digging for a reason to hate him. Without his 2 way play and back to back 32 goal seasons we wouldn't be where we are right now.

Btw... that's from 2 years ago. Before Shanny and company sat him down and helped him make the decision to turn himself around both on and off the ice. Get a clue or at the very least
Have a Coke, a smile and shut the **** up with all the whining.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I was really hoping the hitting, etc, was going to get Kadri going. Going like a fierce Doug Gilmour, not like a Tie Domi elbow. Kadri spent a long time being considered 'immature' and really since Babcock has been here, he really was able to turn this attitude towards him around a lot. This was a bigger blow to Kadri's perception and reputation then it was to the Leafs future chances. I wonder how this effects his relationship with Babcock.

Reactions: Pookie

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Kadri looks fresh after his 3 game suspension.
Absolutely no penalties Kadri in game 7.
NONE.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010

That's kinda great, but we've actually played 6 games. So... 2 assists in 6 games. Most of our vets have contributed more. In terms of points, he's behind Marner, Reilly, JVR, Plekanec, Bozak, Hyman, Marleau and Brown.

Could be worse, and sure could be better.

GLG.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
That's kinda great, but we've actually played 6 games. So... 2 assists in 6 games. Most of our vets have contributed more. In terms of points, he's behind Marner, Reilly, JVR, Plekanec, Bozak, Hyman, Marleau and Brown.

GLG.
Are you baked?

Since that's the only reason I can understand someone wanting Kadri to put up points in 3 games he was suspended for.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I think that's his point. His suspension hurts his series value is what I think he's trying to say.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
I think that's his point. His suspension hurts his series value is what I think he's trying to say.

Precisely.

He took himself out of half the games so far, and that was a significant challenge for the team.

Didn't kill our chances but sure didn't help.

So.... to say he's got 2 primary assists in 3 games is true, but it's not the whole story. He coulda/shoulda/woulda had 4 A's in 6 games and that might have made a big difference.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Precisely.

He took himself out of half the games so far, and that was a significant challenge for the team.

Didn't kill our chances but sure didn't help.

So.... to say he's got 2 primary assists in 3 games is true, but it's not the whole story. He coulda/shoulda/woulda had 4 A's in 6 games and that might have made a big difference.
Lol he has played 3 games and he never removed him self from any games he was suspended.

Only Kadri takes abuse for not producing in games he has not played in.

Reactions: Menzinger

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Kadri takes a lot of abuse on the ice, and always from bigger players.

He should not change one damn bit, maybe give it out more often.

But I don't really think is that type of player, rat like as some other players are. That after whistle scrum in game 6 where you know who on Boston went after a surprised Gardiner, wash his face then rip his helmet off re-wash the face, then the officials come in.

Kadri skated by near the end, and just stood there right beside the offending Boston player, and no one expected him to do anything. Kadri really never gets involved in the scrums. He just plays the game.

He reacts when provoked. Old time hockey.

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

GLG.

But Kadri hasn’t played six games.

The point that when he plays he’s one of the most impactful players for the Leafs on the ice - his dumb headshot aside.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Really disappointing end to the season for Kadri.

As much as Matthews has taken so much criticism, playing with a bad back, Kadri, van Riemsdyk and Gardiner are key players who lived the Boston 7th. game failures. (Bozak was injured last collapse.)

In saying all that, he earns his paycheck, and he isn't overpaid. If he was getting Kessel money I'm sure there'd be more questions about where he fits going forward.

Matthews
Nylander
Kadri
Marlie

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Lol he has played 3 games and he never removed him self from any games he was suspended.

That's not what he is saying and you know it. He played well when he played, we'll never know if he was not suspended how things would have turned out but I'd rather him in the line-up than out. He took himself out of the line-up with a bone head hit, that's on him.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
That's not what he is saying and you know it. He played well when he played, we'll never know if he was not suspended how things would have turned out but I'd rather him in the line-up than out. He took himself out of the line-up with a bone head hit, that's on him.
Given what was allowed in that series, I’m not sure the blame lies solely on him for missing those games. Boston got away with at least a half dozen blatant headshots. 4 on Marner alone, one of which Kadri was responding to.

The fact that the only suspension was on him, and it was for 3 games is just ridiculous.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Not the word really.

Undisciplined ?

I'd go with stupid at this point, it's like the third or fourth suspension for the exact same thing. He's still a good player and he'll hopefully have another good season next year but he's a huge factor on why we couldn't beat Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad