HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
pretty impressive season.

Congrats to Kadri

A4702AE8-D250-42D4-BAB1-4D59BA7E684D.jpeg

Signed,
A Kadri critic.

Edit: Now has 29 goals, tied with Matthews.

Last edited:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
About to hit 30 goals again, despite having the worst slump of his career this season (no points in 12 straight, and only 1 power play assist for all of December). Showing that last year was no fluke. If him and Marner stay together I could see Kadri having a 65-70 pt season next year, and Marner eclipsing 80.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
About to hit 30 goals again, despite having the worst slump of his career this season (no points in 12 straight, and only 1 power play assist for all of December). Showing that last year was no fluke. If him and Marner stay together I could see Kadri having a 65-70 pt season next year, and Marner eclipsing 80.
Obviously this is easy to say with the benefit of hindsight, however the Leafs made a great choice just drafting Kadri when everyone was on the Brayden Schenn bandwagon. Although I think a lot of that was due to already having drafted Luke Schenn 1 year earlier.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
so proud of my favorite Leaf! I can't believe there actually used to be a large group of people that actually thought Bozak was better than Naz lmaoooo :laugh:

Reactions: PromisedLand

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Obviously this is easy to say with the benefit of hindsight, however the Leafs made a great choice just drafting Kadri when everyone was on the Brayden Schenn bandwagon. Although I think a lot of that was due to already having drafted Luke Schenn 1 year earlier.
The scariest thing is when you look at the guys picked immediately below Kadri. To say that it falls off a cliff after the top 7 picks is an understatement. Very very fortunate that this pick worked out otherwise we could be lamenting the failures and disappointments of Magnus Paajarvi, Scott Glennie or Jared Cowen. After Kadri only Ellis, Leddy, Kreider and Palmieri ended up being players in the first round truly worthy of playing on the top 2 lines of a good team. De Haan is a decent 4/5 while Marcus Johansson is a 2nd/3rd tweener. Rest of the first round is pretty much poo.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The scariest thing is when you look at the guys picked immediately below Kadri. To say that it falls off a cliff after the top 7 picks is an understatement. Very very fortunate that this pick worked out otherwise we could be lamenting the failures and disappointments of Magnus Paajarvi, Scott Glennie or Jared Cowen. After Kadri only Ellis, Leddy, Kreider and Palmieri ended up being players in the first round truly worthy of playing on the top 2 lines of a good team. De Haan is a decent 4/5 while Marcus Johansson is a 2nd/3rd tweener. Rest of the first round is pretty much poo.

Ottawa fans were truly convinced Murray tricked Burke into taking Kadri so they could land future stud Jared Cowan.
Now one guy is a 30g/60pt C and the other isnt even an NHLer

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Kadri's offense is really shining, especially against weaker opponents. If Marleau/Kadri/Marner can play tough opposition with respect,
they'll be making a huge contribution.

*Goals Against
Marleau(59), Kadri(50), and Marner(52)
JVR(45), Bozak(40), and Brown(44)

Plus/Minus
Marleau(-1), Kadri(+1), and Marner(-4)
JVR(+2), Bozak(+7), and Brown(+2)

I think Babcock has give Kadri huge defensive responsibilities giving him these two wingers. The judging of when and when not to
push an offensive play is going to make or break this line. The 1st line is so solid. JVR/Bozak/Marner was one step forward, two steps
back. Now with Brown, there's a balance and that line is looking pretty solid. Not that there's anything wrong with Marleau/Kadri/
or Marner, but I think if any line is going to get caught up trying to score, it's this combination. There's no more turning the puck over
and hope one of the wingers deal with it. Babcock has rebuilt Kadri and now has given him his wings. Kadri is clearly in the driver's seat,
not only to lead his line to success, but the entire club.

Reactions: saffronleaf

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Until you mentioned it I honestly never thought that much about the 1st round of the 2009 draft and how those other players turned out.

It's also funny that the Leafs did get Jared Cowen when they traded Phaneuf to Ottawa and he was only drafted by the Senators when Brian Burke said to Bryan Murray they wanted Kadri and he also wanted him and in end the Leafs bought out Cowen.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
can't wait for Kadri to get his 30th to shut up the "he isnt a 30g scorer if he has only done it once" crowd
30g, 55-65pts from here on out. Very solid production at the 2C spot
It things like that make it great to be a Leafs fans, because we can prove fans of other teams wrong when they make comments about our players.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel

Do yourself a favor and read the Twitter thread. What an amazing two-year time frame...

That David Papais is hilarious, although his thoughts weren't unique. Lots of people here were saying the same things.

Some gems from our friend David:

:biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->