Kadri vs Rakell vs Vrana

Who is going to score more points this year?

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'd be surprised if it was Kadri unless they break up the top line and he plays with one of Landeskog or Rantanen (assuming he signs). If they keep the top line together, his linemates won't be great and he probably won't be on PP 1 either unless they run 4 forwards.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'd be surprised if it was Kadri unless they break up the top line and he plays with one of Landeskog or Rantanen (assuming he signs). If they keep the top line together, his linemates won't be great and he probably won't be on PP 1 either unless they run 4 forwards.
They do run 4 forwards like 80% of the league...

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
They do run 4 forwards like 80% of the league...

Ok, so then is he going to be a major part of that? Last year only Compher was within 100 minutes of the big 4 (MacKinnon, Rantanen, Barrie, Landeskog) on the PP, and Kerfoot was the only other player to score more than 10 points with 16. Compher was the most common 4th forward with the top unit, and had only 9. Kadri was the 4th forward on the PP going into the year for the Leafs last year as well and ended up with 13 points in 20 more minutes than Kerfoot played. Assuming Makar takes over Barrie's role, I would bet he pretty much replicates Kerfoots numbers at about 15 points. Considering over his career outside of his one peak 60 point season he's been generally a 30-35 ES point player, unless he's aided by a better linemate, he'll probably have a 45-50 point year with 35ish ES points, 15ish PP points. I don't think he'll be much of an upgrade on Soderberg

Last edited:

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Ok, so then is he going to be a major part of that? Last year only Compher was within 100 minutes of the big 4 (MacKinnon, Rantanen, Barrie, Landeskog) on the PP, and Kerfoot was the only other player to score more than 10 points with 16. Compher was the most common 4th forward with the top unit, and had only 9. Kadri was the 4th forward on the PP going into the year for the Leafs last year as well and ended up with 13 points in 20 more minutes than Kerfoot played. Assuming Makar takes over Barrie's role, I would bet he pretty much replicates Kerfoots numbers at about 15 points. Considering over his career outside of his one peak 60 point season he's been generally a 30-35 ES point player, unless he's aided by a better linemate, he'll probably have a 45-50 point year with 35ish ES points, 15ish PP points. I don't think he'll be much of an upgrade on Soderberg
Colorado also scored 63 PPG to Toronto's 46. Considering Kadri still paced around 50 points in what's considered a down year last year as a 3C. Getting to play 2C and PP1 in Colorado I think it's fair to expect 60 points or more.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
I'm high on Vrana, see him getting 60-ish points this season. Don't think either Kadri or Rakell hit 60 personally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad