Confirmed with Link: Kadri Suspended 3 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Surprising that the emotional people in this thread have a short memory. Shanahan suspended Kadri just two seasons ago. Team - imposed suspensions are so rare. I cannot ever remember a player from the leafs ever getting suspended by their own mgmt. Was Kordic ever suspended by the Leafs?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Surprising that the emotional people in this thread have a short memory. Shanahan suspended Kadri just two seasons ago. Team - imposed suspensions are so rare. I cannot ever remember a player from the leafs ever getting suspended by their own mgmt. Was Kordic ever suspended by the Leafs?

The team-imposed suspension was due to him arriving late to a team meeting on a Sunday.

We have, up until this point, had no idea why he was late or what happened.

Sewering the guy for that reason, is a bit harsh. Could be anything from being black-out drunk the night before, to a flat tire.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The team-imposed suspension was due to him arriving late to a team meeting on a Sunday.

Sewering the guy for that reason, is a bit harsh. Could be anything from being black-out drunk the night before, to a flat tire.

I see your point. All I can judge him on is his performance on the ice. He's talented, but he's a repeat offender. He also has a history of letting his team down. Even Grapes called him out on Coaches Corner saying: "Smarten up! This team could really use you right now!"

Reactions: Tak7

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I see your point. All I can judge him on is his performance on the ice. He's talented, but he's a repeat offender. He also has a history of letting his team down. Even Grapes called him out on Coaches Corner saying: "Smarten up! This team could really use you right now!"

Fully agree.

Why many people seem to be taking their anger out on the refs, Wingels, the league, DOPS, my ire is focused solely on Kadri.

It's one thing if one of the younger players on this team becomes unhinged like that, but a veteran player like Naz?

There's just no room for behavior like that, and my guess is, if he hasn't already, Babcock is going to sit him down and deservedly tear him a new one.

To put it mildly, Nazem Kadri has screwed his team

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

It’s been pretty widely discussed by him too. Crossroads. All that.

Reactions: Tak7

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
As I said after the game...

If Doughty gets 1 game for his hit, then Kadri's hit in comparison is:

1) worse/more reckless
2) a non-hockey play
3) against a completely defenseless player
4) with time to adjust/ease up
5) by a player who has a suspension history

Put all those together against the Doughty hit, and i was sure it would be 2-3, so no, not everyone in the hockey world knows.

Im reading a lot of blame being put at Wingels, the refs, and the league.

Im not reading enough people blaming Kadri. Thats a veteran player who lost his nerve and did something incredibly dangerous and stupid. He only has himself to blame

Excuses can be paraded out. Doesn't change anything.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Really stupid hockey player making really dangerous hit, and getting suspended for his idiocy, is not "excuses".

Keep on believing it actually deserved 3 games, to be frank I don't care.

I don't care what player or team a guy is on, that did not deserve three games in my opinion.

I think it's good for some of you to have warped views so that there is a mixture of thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pi

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

I don't care what player or team a guy is on, that did not deserve three games in my opinion.

I think it's good for some of you to have warped views so that there is a mixture of thoughts.

What's "warped" is people thinking Naz, a repeat offender who became unhinged and tried to hurt a guy, got treated unfairly by the league lol.

But yeah. Clearly you care otherwise you wouldn't keep bothering me. Just keep to your opinion if you are so set in your ways.

Let's stop pretending that some of us, with common sense and objectivity, can look at this situation without blue and white tinted shades, and see what a stupid and reckless moment it was.

Reactions: Pookie

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Agreed. I think most of us expected one game. Stupid fluke anyway, guy slips and falls and Kadri gets 3 games. Bad luck definitely played a part here.

What's "warped" is people thinking Naz, a repeat offender who became unhinged and tried to hurt a guy, got treated unfairly by the league lol.

But yeah. Clearly you care otherwise you wouldn't keep bothering me. Just keep to your opinion if you are so set in your ways.

Let's stop pretending that some of us, with common sense and objectivity, can look at this situation without blue and white tinted shades, and see what a stupid and reckless moment it was.

Yes your posts definitely leave the impression of a calm and unbiased observer. BTW, you were supposed to find even just one of those many posts I supposedly made saying we were favoured against Boston. How's your search for those posts coming along?

Reactions: Max Money and wmark

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies

Rich. You keep on quoting me like you did in the first place and then have the audacity to claim I am "bothering" you. I do not care what you think but the humanity in me will not let me give up on you and it would not be very nice of me to just ignore you. Keep on being you.

btw - you can keep trying to put words in my mouth but it won't work with me. I'm objective and I don't have an agenda unlike you.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Agreed. I think most of us expected one game. Stupid fluke anyway, guy slips and falls and Kadri gets 3 games. Bad luck definitely played a part here.

Turns into him... jumps... all that. Yeah.

On the issue of head shots, you definitely know how to turtle.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Nope.

The fun thing is that you can blame just about anyone for a loss. Komarov. Andersen. Bozak.

You can trade just about anyone too.

Some folks even wish injury upon our players.

Yet you won’t see this “gaggle” of posters flocking to challenge those views. Just this player apparently. Who is a clear “victim” of coaches, GMs, line mates and the league.

Astounding really.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Turns into him... jumps... all that. Yeah.

On the issue of head shots, you definitely know how to turtle.

For a guy who wanted the mods to lock this thread because there was "No point in discussing this further", you sure have a ton to say. You keep saying the same thing over and over again but as long as you're enjoying yourself, that's cool.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Nope.

The fun thing is that you can blame just about anyone for a loss. Komarov. Andersen. Bozak.

Yet you won’t see this “gaggle” of posters flocking to challenge those views. Just this player apparently. Who is a clear “victim” of coaches, GMs, line mates and the league.

Astounding really.

I was actually thinking of blaming Kadri for 4 losses (his first game plus the 3 game suspension).

;)

All joking aside, I don't understand your post.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Nope.

Astounding really.
Well that's just not true.

Sure we don't have anyone in our "crew" going and posting 73 times in any specific thread pertaining to any of those, I'll give you that.

Reactions: wmark

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I don't think you know what you're talking about. Of course I know he's a repeat offender. I look at things objectively though so that does confuse many.

I look at things subjectively: you love the colour green and I like magenta. You like hip hop, and I prefer psychedelic rock. The world is full of subjectivity. Fandom is no different.

I suppose I am confused as to why you think that confuses many.

Is this the beginning of another "Moneyball" debate (starring Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill)?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Rich. You keep on quoting me like you did in the first place and then have the audacity to claim I am "bothering" you. I do not care what you think but the humanity in me will not let me give up on you and it would not be very nice of me to just ignore you. Keep on being you.

btw - you can keep trying to put words in my mouth but it won't work with me. I'm objective and I don't have an agenda unlike you.

Clearly weve crossed paths here. Lets drop it and just enjoy the game tonight. No intention to piss anyone off here.

Go leafs go

Reactions: Bluelines

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I think we are the smartest people we know.

awesome-ben-carson-meme-the-republican-gop-debate-in-memes-flashelection2016-ben-carson-meme.jpg

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Kadri definitely deserved a suspension. My problem with it is how the league seems to be inconsistent, even with repeat offenders. How a guy like Tom Wilson runs players every night with nothing happening or with Marchand cross checking a guy in the face and only getting a fine is beyond me. I just want consistency.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I didn't like the hit from Kadri but think 3 games was a ridiculous duration for the suspension.

Kadri already got the game and a 5 minute major (which was the nail in the coffin for game 1). Giving him an additional 3 games seems harshly punitive given the leagues history of suspensions, especially of going on the lighter side during the playoffs.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
What's astounding is that Pookie has 73 posts in this thread.

Which is roughly 7% of the total posts.

That's obsessive.
Wow!
Truly impressive.
A fan of a team spending that much time trashing one player... in the middle of a playoff series!!

Reactions: 1specter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad