Confirmed with Link: Kadri Suspended 3 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
Seems odd you want to target me in a thread without checking my post history.

Commented many, many times on the 2 minute elbow that could have been called.

And yes, it’s gutless to target the head of a defenseless player when you could drop the mitts.

End story.
Funny whole your team is in the playoffs you seem to be spending all of your time targeting one of your own best players with negative posts calling for him to be traded.
Be honest, how much does it bother you when he scores?
BTW pretty obvious to me the Leafs desperately missed him, Bozak was shredded defensively by the Bruins.

Reactions: Kurtz

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Seems odd you want to target me in a thread without checking my post history.

Commented many, many times on the 2 minute elbow that could have been called.

And yes, it’s gutless to target the head of a defenseless player when you could drop the mitts.

End story.

You are so upset about the other team's player getting hurt. Oblivious to ours getting hurt and targeted.
There is one common denominator with you and that's Kadri.
So spit it out. What is it? What did Kadri do to you?
We really want to know.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Wingels first hit marner to the head so therefore kadri ran over his rear end hard. I would have done the same thang and I encourage people to to this. It'll make the team better and the long series is being played. It's a must. The game continues even if the situation like mike is 5-2 or 4-1. Kadri did everything correctly and the best possible way. :clap:

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
Why pivot to say it’s either or? Fans in Pittsburgh... some of them... liked Ulf Samuelson for the same logic Gary demonstrates.

I wouldn’t ever tell my kids to play like him. Would you?

What’s your deal anyways? You think the hit was clean? Didn’t deserve a suspension?

TBH I have mixed feelings on it. I think it deserves a suspension, not 3 games (which is like 6-7 in the regular season).
This is a contact sport, playoffs are war, always have been. If your team is getting pushed around in a huge game, someone has to push back or it sets the tone for the rest of the series. If you've ever played hockey you know that. So I'm somewhat ambivalent about the hit and if it makes sense.

BTW, if someone hits McDavid and the oilers are in the playoffs, I expect revenge and quickly. I could care less "what the kids would think". This isn't ballet. You play a sport to win and for the players in the room, not about protecting hypothetical children.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Dude, I’ve discussed the context of the hit over and over.

Your justification for a head shot is pure garbage. You lose any credibility to speak out against anything Marchand may do in the future.

Not surprising you can’t see it through unbiased eyes. And the fan club is here again. Doing their thing.

Fun times.

Got a Claude Lemieux jersey?
Who do you think you're trying to fool?

"
I’ve discussed the context of the hit over and over.", yeah, in the most dishonest way possible par of the course of how you usually post.

"
You lose any credibility to speak out against anything Marchand may do in the future. " Do I now? As opposed to your totally unbiased way of assessing things?

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
I've always been of the opinion that if you are gonna lose a big game 5-1 like the Leafs were in game 1, bones better be broken and blood should be spilled. Sounds morbid, but it's true. If you are playing rec league hockey or the NHL, you want players like that on your side. Not guys who stop playing and mail it in.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It’s as if naz “pookied” that posters gf/wife/sister or something. It’s really weird watching a supposed “fan” have such a hate on for such a quality player of the team he follows

comments like this drive me nuts.
first of all

1: you don't have to like everyone on the team. for a lot of people the team isn't the player - the team is the team, the crest. i mean each their own and all of that but it just drives me insane that you automatically have to like every single player on the team, regardless if they are a quality player or a "plug" or whatever. people like who they like, and they don't like who they don't like. or vice versa, i should admit.

2: stating the truth is not "hating" on someone. there is way too many "Well it's on Wingles" or "It's the Leagues fault" and stuff like that. Why in Gods name can't it ever just be, "Kadri made a bad decision?" like, people were making it racially motivated, or anti-leafs biased, or, Wingles sold it, or Babcock's fault for not dressing other tough players. Why isn't it just. Kadri made a bad decision (again) and it hurt the team. (again). oh i know, because it can never be Kadri's fault. Why? Because he's a quality player he "bleeds" blue and white, and he's a veteran. Well that veteran for whatever people want to justify his actions for put his team down a serious hole. I personally, i can't speak for anyone else, would have rather he not show The Bruins "we aren't scared of you."and him actually be in the line up yesterday and more importantly, tomorrow. but he's not. he's suspended. For making a dangerous hit. And people justifying it is just sad.

People have accused me of 'hating' naz, because (shocker) I hold him as a veteran, and a supposed leader of this team to a higher standard. Hes not a rookie. he's not stupid, but the thing that 'helps' this team (ie his physicality and his penchant for playing better being pissed off) costs the team. I personally expect a lot better for a player a lot of people want to name captain. If he's not getting it after all of this time, it really makes me wonder if he'll ever get it at all. And if that's the case.. well. (shrug). like I said. I'm not adverse for trading anyone on this team, not named Matthews.

if Anyone on the Bruins did the hit that Kadri did we wouldn't be sitting here saying it was a good hit, or "frontier hockey justice" or, whatever. we'd be calling it what it was. a dirty, dangerous hit. I'm not excusing Kadri (or any one who wears the Leafs crest) for it, just because they are on my team.

Last edited:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
BTW pretty obvious to me the Leafs desperately missed him, Bozak was shredded defensively by the Bruins.

What’s Bozak got to do with it? Should have been traded long ago.

But if you want to live in the reality world, we gave up 7 goals and Bozak was a +1 on the night.

Shredded? Lol.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You are so upset about the other team's player getting hurt. Oblivious to ours getting hurt and targeted.
There is one common denominator with you and that's Kadri.
So spit it out. What is it? What did Kadri do to you?
We really want to know.

Who got hurt on our team?

When I say Domi’s elbow was gutless, do you understand that’s not Kadri? It’s a completely different person.

The common denominator is targeting the head of players that can’t defend themselves.

Sadly, you’d join me in condemning Marchand but you sink away into the background if a Leaf does it.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Who got hurt on our team?

When I say Domi’s elbow was gutless, do you understand that’s not Kadri? It’s a completely different person.

The common denominator is targeting the head of players that can’t defend themselves.

Sadly, you’d join me in condemning Marchand but you sink away into the background if a Leaf does it.

See what I mean?:laugh:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
See what I mean?:laugh:

Going twice.... Which Leaf player was hurt?

Do me a favour though, if you aren’t willing to speak up if a Leaf delivers a cheapshot, save your breath if someone does it to us in the future.

Your comments will mean nothing.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
Dude, I’ve discussed the context of the hit over and over.

Your justification for a head shot is pure garbage. You lose any credibility to speak out against anything Marchand may do in the future.

Not surprising you can’t see it through unbiased eyes. And the fan club is here again. Doing their thing.

Fun times.

Got a Claude Lemieux jersey?
:laugh:
Am I the only one not seeing what this point of logic is about?
That's what makes Kadri such a valuable player!!
Claude Lemieux was one hell of a hockey player, he won FOUR Stanley Cups. I'd take the guy on my team in a heartbeat.
An excellent offensive player like Kadri who has a nasty, dirty physical element is invaluable. So was Claude Lemieux.
Now I know some folks are thinking of "what will the kids think", but I'm more interested in a winning hockey team.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think Kadri brings good things to the table and is cheap for a second line center, but at the same time, I think we may need a stronger offensive punch (Tavares) at the number two spot or a better 6'3"+ matchup center who can soften up the opposition physically and bring a two way game. Depending on cost of that upgrade at the second center position, it pushes Kadri to the three spot, which makes us even better, or Kadri starts to look expensive at his salary, at which point you take the futures and run.

Reactions: Pookie

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Claude Lemieux was one hell of a hockey player, he won FOUR Stanley Cups. I'd take the guy on my team in a heartbeat.
An excellent offensive player like Kadri who has a nasty, dirty physical element is invaluable. So was Claude Lemieux.
Now I know some folks are thinking of "what will the kids think", but I'm more interested in a winning hockey team.

You aren’t alone. You aren’t in the majority but aren’t alone.

Ulf had fans. Dale Hunter had fans. Sean Avery had fans. Matt Cooke had fans. Ken Linesman had fans. Steve Downie had fans. Etc.

You won’t stand with any of us condemning cheap shots. Got it.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This post is one of the clearly most intelligent, hockey knowing and wisest posts I've read in these boards in a long, long long time. Claude Lemieux = was the mother mother man of them all. The best. :cup: :winner: :for life: Thank you for this post sir, :clap:

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Going twice.... Which Leaf player was hurt?

Do me a favour though, if you aren’t willing to speak up if a Leaf delivers a cheapshot, save your breath if someone does it to us in the future.

Your comments will mean nothing.

At least I can identify my dog in the fight. You are right. I don't get the positive vibrations you are spreading after one of our players gets a cheap shot.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017

I get what you’re saying but kadri needs to know when to dial it down and not make that hit. Him being suspended 3 games does not help the leafs win.

Reactions: moon111

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
You aren’t alone. You aren’t in the majority but aren’t alone.

Ulf had fans. Dale Hunter had fans. Sean Avery had fans. Matt Cooke had fans. Ken Linesman had fans. Steve Downie had fans. Etc.

You won’t stand with any of us condemning cheap shots. Got it.

Well that's because you choose which ones to condemn and which ones are A OK. All the while telling us how you have no bias.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
At least I can identify my dog in the fight. You are right. I don't get the positive vibrations you are spreading after one of our players gets a cheap shot.

Going three times... which Leaf player was hurt?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Well that's because you choose which ones to condemn and which ones are A OK. All the while telling us how you have no bias.

Seems like you are picking the dog. I’m speaking about targeting the heads of defenseless players.

My stance doesn’t have an asterisk on it to exclude Leaf players.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Here’s a fun question.

Your logic says if a player (ours) was targeted, then a cheap shot is justified as retaliation.

Correct?

You also claim the elbow to Marner was a targeted cheap shot.

Correct?

If a cheapshot is justified if it is in response to a targeted cheap shot that was rendered earlier... riddle me this.

Kadri threw the knee first on Nash. We then had the Marner incident.

Why are you so upset over what you perceive to be a targeted play against Marner?

If it was a cheap shot... which it wasn’t... 2 min Penalty max...but even if it is... you just claimed that sort of thing justified in retaliation. That’s your code isn’t it?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
okay. let's reverse it.
if anyone (not marchand, he's too easy), but like Backes, or Nash or someone hit anyone (not Kadri) - same hit, would everyone be yay, okay?

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Here’s a fun question.

Your logic says if a player (ours) was targeted, then a cheap shot is justified as retaliation.

Correct?

You also claim the elbow to Marner was a targeted cheap shot.

Correct?

If a cheapshot is justified if it is in response to a targeted cheap shot that was rendered earlier... riddle me this.

Kadri threw the knee first on Nash. We then had the Marner incident.

Why are you so upset over what you perceive to be a targeted play against Marner?

If it was a cheap shot... which it wasn’t... 2 min Penalty max...but even if it is... you just claimed that sort of thing justified in retaliation. That’s your code isn’t it?

Yes, riddle me this, more defending the other team.:laugh: The code is simple, just because you listen to Pookie and be nice the bear won't spare you. More like it will spear you anyway.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
okay. let's reverse it.
if anyone (not marchand, he's too easy), but like Backes, or Nash or someone hit anyone (not Kadri) - same hit, would everyone be yay, okay?

I would make the argument that the Kadri hit are exactly the kind of hits the Bruins try to make on a routine basis. If Wingels hadn't slipped and fallen to his knees at the last moment there wasn't particularly anything special about the hit other than Kadri threw his weight at a guy who just plastered a teammate with an elbow while already pinned.

Backes, Nash, anybody would have made that hit. And honestly, if they connected on a Leaf and they got hurt, all the better.

Playoff hits are like the pitch count in baseball. It's an attrition game meant to break down the opponent over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->