TSN: Kadri Suspended 1 year ago today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Confirmed with link:

Nazem Kadri suspended remainder of first round – and his time might be up as a Maple Leaf - TheHockeyNews

2 years ago it was soul crushing, and 1 year ago it even more soul crushing.

Hayes mentioned it on TSN "Overdrive" today (hour 2): "getting himself suspended ultimately wrote his ticket out of town".

Jeff O'Neil said that Bob MacKenzie had a feeling that "That the Toronto Maple Leafs will not look kindly on this", as though as an insider he knew that Kadri was on a short leash.

We can now say that the trade didn't end up so great: Kerfoot is perhaps a 4th line winger disguised as a 3rd line Center, Tyson Barrie didn't really impact the Maple Leafs. The only sort of save was the fact that Calle Rosen returned to TOR.

How do you feel about what happened (1 year later)?

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Not a selfish play, but still a boneheaded one.
I'm confident we win the series with him, he was one of our best forwards through the first 2 games. He looked reaaal good.
As for the trade, we got robbed. Wasn't a fan of the trade when it happened, and I hate it even more now.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I like Kadri. I hope he does well for the Avs. It would be nice if we can re-sign Barrie.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
If these playoffs get wiped out I really hope there is some kind of in compensation round draft pick. No chance in he'll I do that trade if we knew ahead of time there were no playoffs.

Imagine if this happened to the Raptors last year with Kawhi

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
If these playoffs get wiped out I really hope there is some kind of in compensation round draft pick. No chance in he'll I do that trade if we knew ahead of time there were no playoffs.

Imagine if this happened to the Raptors last year with Kawhi

Uggh. I just got chills down my spine reading this. This would be such a Raptors thing to happen pre-Masai. Like not being allowed to pick 1st in the '96 draft (Iverson) because we were an expansion team. Or the year we win 1st overall in the draft (Bargnani..bleh) and the NBA conveniently changes the draft rules, no longer allowing high school players to be drafted - which could have meant Durant.

Last edited:
Reactions: lovemyleafs

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Suffering amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I may have forgotten this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad